NST April 2020: Fools we are not!

1394041424345»

Comments

• lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Final check in (thanks to Apple for running this month and next). Final NSD of the month so hit 23. Had a bit of money left over, also saved a bit on the food budget, which I'd upped by £20 when lockdown was announced just in case, so that's good. The main saving was petrol, used half a tank all month! Still budgeting £60 a month in May just in case. See you all in May!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,800 as of 04/24
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Yay!  We survived April!  Today was payday, did 5 hrs volunteering, then tried to do the foodshop (in only 3 shops) which meant I left the house at 8.30 but did not make it back until nearly 5pm.  Awful queues in the rain, soggy shoes, mad drivers, but came home to dh who had made a lovely Indian feast for tea.  Managed more than 20 NSDs.
    Saved an awful lot of money this month.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Thank you one and all for your company this month. I have never heard the word 'unprecedented' so much!
    I made it to 25 nsds, no doubt due to having a wrecked ankle that made me housebound for 20 days of the month... Dh did most of the food shopping, and he hates having spare space in the cupboards... However I did plenty of exercise sessions - I can still do belly down kneeling press ups, though getting up off the floor can be quite hilarious.
    'School' is still running for dd and me, so we've been kept outof mischief, and boredom has not set in.
    See you over in May!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • The day didn’t start well when birdsong woke me a tad too early for my liking but only because I then fell back to sleep & felt really grumpy when I woke late!  Took a while to get going.  Was a relief to see I had been paid.  Treated DS to a pottery paint gift bag delivered with sweets and sent one to his friend both made up!
    We’ve been going for walks late evening as trying to avoid bumping into DS friends as he may get upset 😢 if he sees them but can’t hug or go & talk! but today I felt he needed to get out and he needs to write in welsh about things we see on our walk so went around 4pm to get it done.  There were so many people it was a nightmare - when we got home he couldn’t remember anything we’d seen!!! He’s worked hard on his school stuff this week.  He’d definitely struggling to concentrate though.  In other news we had soup for lunch really enjoyed it the shopping got delivered and we had an easy cubs meeting, followed by clapping for NHS which makes me realise all my moans are not really important!  Tomorrow’s job is the cutlery drawer it’s so messy & unorganised!  

Grateful for:
    Apple doing this month & next months challenge- thank you!
    Payday actually happening!
    Shopping being delivered.
    Good Friends.
    Our home!
    NHS & all key workers 
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1400 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 16 weeks 

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Thank you for this month's challenge apple.  Not sure how I did with the targets but we were fed and still have food (if I can only get 80 items delivered every few weeks I need something in reserve), still mainly in good spirits with only the odd wobble, we haven't killed one another, I love my polytunnel, I'm working better, sleeping better and managing my multiple roles adequately.
    Today I am grateful all the birds that come to feed in our yard, for a yummy tea - new potatoes, peas and salmon, for rain this afternoon as the sunshine was ramping up my hayfever, for  mum deciding to stay in bed which meant it was easier to catch up on housework.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thank you for April apple - I'm another one whose food budget is completely shot. 
    See you in May.
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi all and Apple, thanks for April, this helped me through. CCL my food budget has gone through the roof as well ... but then I'm not really spending money on anything else. Now on to May and May the force be with y'all.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback