Options
124»

Comments

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lambyr said:
    I haven't worked out the cost of signing up to every possible service, though I could imagine it is comfortable a couple hundred or more a month. But with the exception of services like Sky, Virgin and BT, there is no minimum contract with most of them. So you take a month or two of Netflix to watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Cancel Netflix and then take a month of Amazon Prime to watch Picard. Add a month of Starzplay to watch Castle Rock. Cancel them.
    You don't need to take every service at once. Set a monthly budget you're comfortable with then pick and choose the services each month so you can see what you want to see.
    It's what I do, when I have a season of soemthing to watch that's back, I will wait a few months until about 3 or 4 shows have come back and have finished their season from weekly showing and binge one month of them.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 May 2020 at 4:14PM
    Options
    Marvel1 said:
    Lambyr said:
    I haven't worked out the cost of signing up to every possible service, though I could imagine it is comfortable a couple hundred or more a month. But with the exception of services like Sky, Virgin and BT, there is no minimum contract with most of them. So you take a month or two of Netflix to watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Cancel Netflix and then take a month of Amazon Prime to watch Picard. Add a month of Starzplay to watch Castle Rock. Cancel them.
    You don't need to take every service at once. Set a monthly budget you're comfortable with then pick and choose the services each month so you can see what you want to see.
    It's what I do, when I have a season of soemthing to watch that's back, I will wait a few months until about 3 or 4 shows have come back and have finished their season from weekly showing and binge one month of them.
    Thought now right time to watch Vikings season 6, Empire season 5

Try The purge and The Boys also

Was willing to pay £8 for the 1 month, but instead it came up as a free 30 day trial 😀
  • DireEmblem
    DireEmblem Posts: 930 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Marvel1 said:
    Thought now right time to watch Vikings season 6, Empire season 5

Try The purge and The Boys also

Was willing to pay £8 for the 1 month, but instead it came up as a free 30 day trial 😀
    The last season of Vikings is terrible.  Watch the man in the High castle and Hunters.
  • Beverleypascoe
    Options
    Seeing they are not making so many shows because of covid19  we will end up watching alot MORE REPEATS so why should we pay for  a tv licence?? I've only got digital tv I dont like paying for things I've not got time to watch
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Seeing they are not making so many shows because of covid19  we will end up watching alot MORE REPEATS so why should we pay for  a tv licence?? I've only got digital tv I dont like paying for things I've not got time to watch
    Because the TV licence is a type of subscription/tax that you pay to watch or record live tv and to access BBC iPlayer, it's immaterial whether you're paying to watch new content or repeats. You of course have the choice to become legally license free if you decide not to access these services.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have Disney + and Amazon Prime, Prime mainly for the video content the few items I buy just about make it cheaper to have the subscription. During the lockdown some Prime deliveries have taken weeks to arrive which IMHO Amazon should extend the prime membership by a month for those who had to wait weeks for a prime delivery. 
    I don't subscribe to the TV TAX but upgraded the TV last november for the PS4 and DVD's as well as Prime video. 
    Someone please tell me what money is
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure