»

What random acts of kindness have you seen displayed amid the coronavirus pandemic?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

What random acts of kindness have you seen displayed amid the coronavirus pandemic?

56 replies 8.2K views
Hi all! love
Hope you're all keeping safe, healthy and happy during this unprecedented time*.
The MSE Forum and Social crew are making it their mission to keep Forum morale up so we want to hear your uplifting stories!

Did you see a neighbour struggling? Have you helped a foodbank? Have you made a care package for someone self-isolating (and left it at a safe distance of course)?
Share your suggestions!

Let's stick together gang - virtually, of course!
- MSE Molly

*Remember, if you're finding things tough, struggling to cope and you feel like there's nowhere to turn, Samaritans are there to listen round the clock on 116 123 (call), text 07725 909090 or [email protected]

Don’t worry, it's totally confidential.

If you're worried about someone you know or who lives nearby, here are some things you can do ➡ https://bit.ly/2NUqtio

If you're finding things tough, they've got some practical things you can do here ➡ https://bit.ly/39XVgE3

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: [email protected]

Replies

• onwards&upwardsonwards&upwards Forumite
    2.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    MatyMoo said:
    I saw the ICU nurse in tears on the news and wanted to help in some small way. Two cakes baked & will be going in to my local hospital this weekend via a member of staff that lives three doors down. 

It will be very much appreciated i’m sure!
  • edited 21 March at 3:20PM
    bellabellabellabella Forumite
    230 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 21 March at 3:20PM
    My daughter was supposed to be getting married in Italy which was cancelled and managed to rebook for a local registry office with a small do after and now there will be just them the registrar and the 2 witnesses one is my hubby so i will wait outside to throw confetti at them i must admit to shedding a tear but it is what it is to keep everyone safe anyway i just got a text from a neighbour of my mums who was going to do the catering after the registry office obviously not now , offering to make them a small sponge wedding cake free of charge just a small thing but to us a gift worth so much x
    Having the last laugh:p
  • kingfisherbluekingfisherblue Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are several people on our local FB groups offering help. Some are teenagers offering to walk dogs, pick up prescriptions, etc. Others are collecting food and toiletries to give to local people who can't get out - a pub and a sports club are the two local hubs near me (not the pub that I mentioned in my thread). Some people are posting that they have baby milk or nappies that they can't use, and offering them to those who need these things.
    Like most towns, my town has problems, but we also have a great sense of community.
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    41.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I'm a Volunteer Board Guide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been out for a couple of walks today: made a point of noticing flowers in people's gardens. Also noticed a few houses where children have drawn pictures of rainbows and the like to put in their front windows. Cheers the spirits. 
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • GroggedGrogged Forumite
    149 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I've found out our neighbour works for whether spoons as she's offered the neighbourhood frozen meals now they can't use them.
    If it's not adding up, compound it!
  • martinbuckleymartinbuckley Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a box of quality street for each of the four cleaners we have at work who are working extra hard to keep us safe.