🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tesla share price

Options
Tesla has now trading at around -60% from it's peak in mid February. Is it worth a punt now? 

Comments

• LobsterMemory
    Options
    I don't know why you'd take any notice of anyone who replies to this.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 March 2020 at 8:49PM
    Options
    Closing it's US factory today. Going to hurt cashflow very hard. 
  • sebtomato
    sebtomato Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have some strong suspicion that Tesla was producing more cars than it could actually sell, and it was even before the virus.
    I know two people who got their custom-made cars very quickly, much quicker than traditional cars...
    Also, Tesla still suffers from poor build quality and the competition is heating up. Finally, the CEO is a liability, so I wouldn't invest.
  • Hexane
    Hexane Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    sebtomato said:
    I have some strong suspicion that Tesla was producing more cars than it could actually sell, and it was even before the virus.
    I know two people who got their custom-made cars very quickly, much quicker than traditional cars...
    Also, Tesla still suffers from poor build quality and the competition is heating up. Finally, the CEO is a liability, so I wouldn't invest.
    Two anecdotal data points out of one million? Tesla seem to have been producing far less cars than they can sell for quite some time now, with massive waits for the Model 3 first shortening once large shipments came through, but then lengthening again. The competition is indeed trying very hard to catch up, but they seem to be a long way behind in important areas.
    Can't argue on the CEO and factory closure issues though.
    7.25 kWp PV system (4.1kW WSW & 3.15kW ENE), Solis inverter, myenergi eddi & harvi for energy diversion to immersion heater. myenergi hub for Virtual Power Plant demand-side response trial.
  • sebtomato
    sebtomato Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hexane said:
    sebtomato said:
    Two anecdotal data points out of one million? Tesla seem to have been producing far less cars than they can sell for quite some time now, with massive waits for the Model 3 first shortening once large shipments came through, but then lengthening again. The competition is indeed trying very hard to catch up, but they seem to be a long way behind in important areas.
    Can't argue on the CEO and factory closure issues though.
    Yes, some anecdotal examples from me, but also several financial analysts saying the same. A lot of smoke and mirrors. You wouldn't expect anything else from the CEO
  • k6chris
    k6chris Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mcooke999 said:
    Tesla has now trading at around -60% from it's peak in mid February. Is it worth a punt now? 

I have sold my house, children and taken out a loan to invest in this bargain.

Hope that helps?
    "For every complicated problem, there is always a simple, wrong answer"
  • Thrugelmir
    Options
    sebtomato said:
    Chinese new car sales have been in decline for months prior to the virus. Tesla has staked big money on it's investment there. Lack of export market isn't going to help. 
  • Thrugelmir
    edited 2 April 2020 at 10:08PM
    Options
    89,000 vehicles sold in the first quarter. Target of 410,000 in the next three quarters. Musk must be smoking something. 
    Not a stock for widows or orphans. 
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    k6chris said:
    mcooke999 said:

I have sold my house, children and taken out a loan to invest in this bargain.

Hope that helps?

Might've been better to hold onto the house at the moment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure