Bluestone Mortgages

Options

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    We got our offer through in writing today!! I’m still in disbelief I can’t beleive it! It was so painless and took a total of 3 weeks from full application to official offer, which is quicker than most banks at the moment! I’m over the moon finally going to be a homeowner! And was much less stressful than I thought it would be! 
    Hi. Great news re your mortgage 👍. Our buyers are with bluestone and we were expecting them to get an answer today re their mortgage offer but I think we were being overly optimistic. Can you tel me what their process was with you. Ie DIP, then underwriting? Then offer? Our buyers have said it’s gone to underwriters but we thought it already had? There application went in on 9th July? we’ve got another offer on our house and don’t know whether to go with the other offer as we have a house we want and might lose it if there’s too much delay. Thanks in advance x

The process is DIP, application, underwriter, valuation, underwriter, offer.
    Oh crikey so even after valuation it goes back to underwriter?! So it could be declined then! 😫 x
    It's just to make sure the i has a dot and the t has a cross.

Don't panic. Every lender does a final check to make sure everything is in order. I would happily use Bluestone again and do post up on the threads about my experience when people ask about them.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • kerryrobin
    kerryrobin Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We got our offer through in writing today!! I’m still in disbelief I can’t beleive it! It was so painless and took a total of 3 weeks from full application to official offer, which is quicker than most banks at the moment! I’m over the moon finally going to be a homeowner! And was much less stressful than I thought it would be! 
    Hi. Great news re your mortgage 👍. Our buyers are with bluestone and we were expecting them to get an answer today re their mortgage offer but I think we were being overly optimistic. Can you tel me what their process was with you. Ie DIP, then underwriting? Then offer? Our buyers have said it’s gone to underwriters but we thought it already had? There application went in on 9th July? we’ve got another offer on our house and don’t know whether to go with the other offer as we have a house we want and might lose it if there’s too much delay. Thanks in advance x

Oh crikey so even after valuation it goes back to underwriter?! So it could be declined then! 😫 x
    It's just to make sure the i has a dot and the t has a cross.

Don't panic. Every lender does a final check to make sure everything is in order. I would happily use Bluestone again and do post up on the threads about my experience when people ask about them.
    Thanks so much for replying we’re at the end of our tether with it all and hearing this goes somewhere to reassurance 👍 x
  • hopeful370
    hopeful370 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just a heads up my mortgage broker chased up bluestone today and they aren’t sending out letters via post due to covid and it’s just a letter attached on an email apparently! 
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    @mortgagetakingages follow this thread.

@hopeful370 my extension letter was just an email to my broker, they've had to cut back on things that take time to free it up for dealing with the workloads.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • hopeful370
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ah that’s good to know then! I’ve been waiting checking the post everyday for two weeks haha and I’ve had the email the whole time I just thought I needed the letter to give to my solicitors but I was wrong! So it’s just the solicitors now! I am so ready to exchange!
  • mortgagetakingages
    Options
    i don't seem to be able to get past the decision in principle! Did it take hours for everyone? Tomorrow will be week for me!
  • newhome235678
    Options

You are only allowed to progress to having the valuation done (And pay for the valuation) once the underwriter is happy with everything else. 
    Once the valuation is done it’s just the final review by the underwriter of the valuation before the full offer is issued which was within a few hours with ours. 

If anyone needs a mortgage advisor go to Clever mortgages and ask for Laura. She was amazing!!!!! 

Stay positive ☺️ You are nearly there. 
  • hopeful370
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i don't seem to be able to get past the decision in principle! Did it take hours for everyone? Tomorrow will be week for me!
    It took me a few days, so don’t worry if it’s taking ages! They’re just very thorough especially at the moment, we were a straight forward case for them although our credit was bad (two key workers and no current debts) so it won’t be unusual to take a while at the moment! 
  • mortgagetakingages
    Options
    Finding it hard to know what to believe. They haven't even done a soft search yet on my credit file. I'm going to change mortgage advisors if I don't get something by Tuesday at latest. 
  • kris80
    kris80 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Finding it hard to know what to believe. They haven't even done a soft search yet on my credit file. I'm going to change mortgage advisors if I don't get something by Tuesday at latest. 
    My DIP took about two days. On Monday it went to for application. Yesterday my broker said it is now with an underwriter. No credit search yet in my file. My nerves are gone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback