Bluestone Mortgages

Comments

• mortgagetakingages
    mortgagetakingages Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 9 August 2020 at 12:04PM
    Joleen23 said:
    Thankyou for your reply. Even though the actual default was from last year. I will pay it straight away. I’m just worried bluestone wont accept now! 
    Obviously paying any default is best but you should use it as bargaining with them first. Get them to confirm when default was and to rectify your file a.s.a.p.

Paid or not bluestone do not accept defaults that occurred in last 6 months
  • mortgagetakingages
    mortgagetakingages Posts: 244 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 9 August 2020 at 12:47PM
    Joleen23 said:
    Remain positive. If default is incorrectly dated you can get this back on track but don't expect it to solve itself. Try not to worry because that's just wasted energy, focus on getting it fixed. 

Also what credit file are you checking? Does it say last updated or date of default?

The update date doesn't change the original default date so it's really important to know what it says. It if says date of default then you need to get it put right as I already said. 
  • Joleen23
    Joleen23 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Hello again, it’s with Experian.. here’s what it says- 

• Joleen23
    Name Dropper First Post
    Joleen23 said:
    Remain positive. If default is incorrectly dated you can get this back on track but don't expect it to solve itself. Try not to worry because that's just wasted energy, focus on getting it fixed. 

Also what credit file are you checking? Does it say last updated or date of default?

The update date doesn't change the original default date so it's really important to know what it says. It if says date of default then you need to get it put right as I already said. 
    Thankyou again, it’s with Experian. Hers what it says 
  • That's good news. You can see the default date is August 2019. That's the date that matters and is over a year ago so meets their criteria.

• Joleen23
    Name Dropper First Post
    That's good news. You can see the default date is August 2019. That's the date that matters and is over a year ago so meets their criteria.

Thankyou so much for your advice. It’s really helped. Should I still ring Lowell and pay it in full or won’t it matter to my full mortgage application now? 
  • Joleen23 said:
    That's good news. You can see the default date is August 2019. That's the date that matters and is over a year ago so meets their criteria.

Thankyou so much for your advice. It’s really helped. Should I still ring Lowell and pay it in full or won’t it matter to my full mortgage application now? 
    I wouldn't pay it but it may be a requirement for the mortgage offer. See what comes back. 

If you do look to settle I would look to offer 50% of the amount too.
  • Joleen23
    Name Dropper First Post
    Oh right ok, I will do, will paying 50% affect  a full offer? Thanks again ☺️
  • I'm not a mortgage advisor so this is just my view. Bluestone don't expect defaults to be settled so a partial settlement that saves you money makes sense to me
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback