Bluestone Mortgages

Options

Comments

• kerryrobin
    Options
    letsmove said:
    My buyers have applied for a mortgage through Bluewater over five weeks ago and they are still waiting for a offer.I have said that I am at the stage of moving on to find a new buyer as my mortgage offer is only valid to October and I do t won’t to waste anymore time.I just wondered how long other people took to get their offer.I don’t won’t to miss out on the house am buying.Thank you in advance am so stressed with this whole process.
    Hi we’re in exactly the same situation. We’ve actually lost 2 houses waiting for our buyers to get the mortgage (long story short their first offer with bluestone was withdrawn due to covid but they’ve applied again as they have more deposit) . They got DIP on 9th July, had documents requested and now apparently have everything but we still waiting. We turned down an offer on our house when they got their DIP but now we’ve got a cash buyer wanting to look at our house this weekend. We just don’t know what to do as we at the final hurdle but don’t know how long we’re waiting at the hurdle!! Hope you get sorted soon x
  • mortgagetakingages
    Options
    Just to reiterate, this is not unique to bluestone. Many lenders are taking a long time to offer.
  • newhomme20206
    Options
    Just to reiterate, this is not unique to bluestone. Many lenders are taking a long time to offer.
    My mortgage advisor said the same! We’ve just got to sit tight and it’ll (hopefully) all come good in the end!
  • Junior08
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has had a mortgage with bluestone on a non standard construction type. I have a full application submitted however the property is an ex council house in Scotland. Construction is cellular concrete, I have never heard of this. LTV is 75%. Thanks in advance 
  • TheBirchwood
    Options
    Hello Guys.
    I hope that you dont mind me jumping on the band wagon. I thought it was easier to ask my question here as you guys are all going through the same as me.
    Im going out of my mind... and would like some usueful info if poss from your experiences.
    We are first time buyers applying for a help to buy mortgage. our credit isnt the best but its really bad some very old deafults due to fall off end of this year 2 late payments and a CCJ for £431.00. 
    heres my timescales so far; 
    Contacted broker 6.7.20
    Had DIP on 14.7.20
    back and forth with paperwork/documents. 
    Application went in to join the Que and i have had to provide a few more docs now and again. 
    Valuation was done wednesday 5th and they had it back yesterday.
    my broker rang yesterday and asked for further docs to which she said the underwriter is pushing for an offer however, i heard nothing else yesterday just an email to say its waiting to be assesed and will have an update next week now. 

I am going out of my mind as i know we all are here. However, im just panicking. I have never done this before and if im honest i dont know the ins and outs of process .. can anyone help and advise maybe where i am in the process? If its looking good and if i have ageeeeeeees to wait? 
    I really appreciate you guys taking the time to listen. 
    Hope youre all ok!! xx 

• TheBirchwood
    Options
    Hello Guys.
    I hope that you dont mind me jumping on the band wagon. I thought it was easier to ask my question here as you guys are all going through the same as me.
    Im going out of my mind... and would like some usueful info if poss from your experiences.
    We are first time buyers applying for a help to buy mortgage. our credit isnt the best but its really bad some very old deafults due to fall off end of this year 2 late payments and a CCJ for £431.00. 
    Contacted broker 6.7.20
    Had DIP on 14.7.20
    Application went in to join the Que and i have had to provide a few more docs now and again. 
    my broker rang yesterday and asked for further docs to which she said the underwriter is pushing for an offer however, i heard nothing else yesterday just an email to say its waiting to be assesed and will have an update next week now. 

I am going out of my mind as i know we all are here. However, im just panicking. I have never done this before and if im honest i dont know the ins and outs of process .. can anyone help and advise maybe where i am in the process? If its looking good and if i have ageeeeeeees to wait? 
    Hope youre all ok!! xx 

Sorry I feel like im doing my brokers head in by messagin every day and asking same questions hoping for hope and i dont get anything back? Im not the happy with them if im honest Im not getting any feedback with the progress only that its processing and needing further docs, are they wasting my time? or is this normal and im jus over thinking
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    @TheBirchwood it hasn't even been a month yet since you got your DIP, it's usually a minimum of a month from application to offer, sometimes longer.

Learn yoga or something as if you are already this stressed now, the conveyancing process is going to finish you!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • mortgagetakingages
    Options
    I'm still waiting for help to buy Authority to proceed! I wish i had a timeline like that!
  • newhomme20206
    Options
    Hello Guys.
    Contacted broker 6.7.20
    Had DIP on 14.7.20

Hope youre all ok!! xx 

Sorry I feel like im doing my brokers head in by messagin every day and asking same questions hoping for hope and i dont get anything back? Im not the happy with them if im honest Im not getting any feedback with the progress only that its processing and needing further docs, are they wasting my time? or is this normal and im jus over thinking
    We’re going into week 7 since we had our DIP and we haven’t had a valuation done yet! It’ll come through they just take time. 
  • newhomme20206
    Options
    Just in case it helps anyone.. we heard from our mortgage advisor today to say the update that was meant for today has been pushed to next Wednesday as they are running behind at the moment! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback