Bluestone Mortgages

Options

Comments

• iViewTV
    iViewTV Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What did you put if you don’t mind me asking?
  • newhome235678
    Options
    Just that my situation has just changed massively. I was young and silly and wasn’t earning enough to fund my expensive lifestyle. But I had just qualified before our mortgage application went in and my wages had doubled.. so they hopefully saw I was earning enough to cover myself now. 

All i would say is if you are completely honest with them at DIP stage then you’ll be fine. I told my broker everything within our first call. 

I also had to explain the default within a similar letter. X 
  • letsmove
    Options
    Does anyone know if they do desktop valuations or they actually view the property ? The reason for my questioning is my current buyers have yet to have a valuation yet they claim they should have a answer today! I have hung on for nearly 7 wks now and have said if I don’t have answer by this week am going to have to re market my property as I don’t won’t to loose the house Am buying.
    thank you 
  • mortgagetakingages
    Options
    letsmove said:
    Does anyone know if they do desktop valuations or they actually view the property ? The reason for my questioning is my current buyers have yet to have a valuation yet they claim they should have a answer today! I have hung on for nearly 7 wks now and have said if I don’t have answer by this week am going to have to re market my property as I don’t won’t to loose the house Am buying.
    thank you 
    https://www.mortgageintroducer.com/bluestone-resumes-mortgage-lending/
    this indicates that they are doing desktop valuations assuming they haven't changed back. If you remarket I personally think you are nuts. The whole market is slow currently and you would just be resetting the clock. 
  • iViewTV
    Options
    What’s the chances of a full application being declined by Bluestone? 2 defaults in 18 months but I’m hoping my broker wouldn’t put in the application if he thought it would be declined. 
  • fingerscrossed7
    Options
    Can't comment on the chances but I had 2 defaults within 12 months and was approved. There's many posts on this forum from brokers who speak about very high success rates with Bluestone. You'll get there! 
  • iViewTV
    Options
    Thanks a lot. Full application this week so hopefully good news!
  • minky31
    Options
    We've gone with Bluestone too had credit an identity checks on July 2nd an a few requests in between then an now for further information which we've send all they've asked for.
    How long before the underwriter instructs a valuation an then get use the formal offer, we sent the last requested information on July 27th?
    Getting a bit nervous now.
  • fortheloveofdogs
    Options

@minky31 I had confirmation from my broker that my application was submitted to bluestone yesterday and this was an email from my broker regarding timescales. Hope this gives you a bit of an idea. Whilst timescales can vary, I would expect an initial assessment to be carried out by an underwriter within 7-10 working days at which point we will have a better idea of how long it will take to receive your formal offer
  • newhomme20206
    Options
    minky31 said:
    We've gone with Bluestone too had credit an identity checks on July 2nd an a few requests in between then an now for further information which we've send all they've asked for.
    How long before the underwriter instructs a valuation an then get use the formal offer, we sent the last requested information on July 27th?
    Getting a bit nervous now.
    We had our DIP on the 25th June then a little back and forth of documents with bluestone up to the 16th July and my mortgage advisor told me yesterday we should hear from the underwriter this Friday regarding a valuation! Hope that helps ☺️
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback