IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCBC Claim Form PPS BW

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can load on my street as it blocks the traffic. 
    Is that what you meant to write? Please take care.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You are the witness , it's your story , only you can write it

Look at recent ongoing and concluded cases , read their witness statements and adapt one
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 July 2020 at 11:38PM
    Options
    There is a sort of template example of one I wrote last month; might be in the thread by @Bexon but I am not sure.  Obviously the facts differ but the stucture is there.

There are also examples (of course) linked in the NEWBIES thread; why didn't you just use and adapt one of them?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    KeithP said:
    You can load on my street as it blocks the traffic. 
    Is that what you meant to write? Please take care.
    No, thanks for flagging Keith....should have said.. You CAN'T load ...
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 27 July 2020 at 10:05AM
    Options
    Your witness statement is "in support of your defence as already filed" and therefore should be ............... in support of and back up whatever you put in your defence.  It is a narrative of what happened on the day and subsequently, written in the first person in your own words.  It happened to you so no one on here can write it for you.  You have already written most of it in your post above, although I would be rewriting it to minimise the fact that my "weekly ticket ran out".  It is also your chance to attach any evidence that you wrote about in your defence.  Read other witness statements to see what those posters wrote - particularly successful ones.
    Don't forget the NEW  statement of truth which is t be used after April 2020 - ask Auntie Google.
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    Hi guys, 
    On thew notice of allocation form I can not see anywhere where it says about a "hearing on papers". I only have until the 7th to submit my WS and bundle etc. 
    Should I still mention that I I dont want a hearing on papers in my covering email ?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Get your WS written! Its been another week. 
    If there is nothing indicating they want you to accede to a hearing on papers, then no need to talk about it. Just get on with the WS and bundle. Youre taking too long, especially as in theory it needs to be served on them by the 7th, so unless youve been given permission to file by email, technically your deadline is 4pm today to get it posted. 
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    It says for me to email if I cant make the telephone cal or I need an interpreter so I assumed it was the same for the WS too 

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What is "it"? Look, takes 2 seconds to write "i dont want a hearing on papers". no need for alengthy discussion that takes you away from writing your WS, which is what you must do now. Stop distracting yourself. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 August 2020 at 9:29PM
    Options
    Please show us your draft WS. 

There are enough examples to copy from, and the NEWBIES thread gives you a steer.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback