IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCBC Claim Form PPS BW

Hi, 
Like many I would like to thank everyone one here for all the info, I am finding this very stressed but feel more clam having read some of the posts. 
The car park is at the rear of the house and is used regularly by myself, my family members and work colleagues. So I have a couple of parking fines which I (stupidly) ignored, thinking that I give them so much money every year anyway. Its £3.50 for 24hours and now I have 2 fines ammounting to £399.00.  I now have a Claim Form fir the County Court Business Centre dated 27th Feb from Premier Parking Solutions as Claimant but represented by BW Legal . 
Particulars are:
The claim is for the sum of £180 being monies due from the Defendent to the Claimant in respect of multiple PCNs issued between 13/10/2017 and 14/10/2017, full detail of which have been delivered to the Defendant. The terms of the PCN's allowed the defendent 28 dyas from issue to pay, which D failed to do. 
D has failed to settle their outsanding liability.
The Claim also includes Stautory Interes pursuant on section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum a daily from 13/10/17 to 26/02/2020 = £36.66The claimant also claims £100.00 contractual costs to te PCN terms. 
Amount claimed £314.00
Court Fee £35
Legal Rep £50
Total £399.66 

I work for a social enterprise so have a low income and a baby on the way and this is really worrying so please any help asap would be most helpful. 

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    BWLegal are scamming you by adding fake amounts.  BWLegal are being badly spanked in the courts for this scam.   Carefully read this thread .....

Abuse of Process ... District Judge tells BWLegal

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6014081/abuse-of-process-district-judge-tells-bwlegal/p1?new=1

Then continue to PART 2 of Abuse of process
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6103933/abuse-of-process-thread-part-2/p1?new=1
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Everybody who comes here about this topic is stressed , anxious and worried , but it won't change the issues involved

Read the Template defence by coupon mad and adapt it for your own defence for this case

Do your AOS online by logging into MCOL

Email the SAR to PPS to their DPO , attaching a copy of the claim form as proof of I D under the GDPR law , to obtain all your data
  • Thanks Redx. 
    Is it worth me saying to PPS that I regularly use their car park and don't shirk paying the £3.50 for 24 hours when needed? 
  • Redx
    edited 2 March 2020 at 12:00PM
    They won't care (in my opinion) , they are greedy , callous and uncaring , as are most of these rabble rousers
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 2 March 2020 at 4:25PM

These are not fines, they are invoices from ex clampers for financial recompense for the alleged damage you have caused them.  We call them scams.  Pay them not one penny unless a judge orders you to.as nine times out of ten these tickets are a con.  Please report this dishonest solicitor to the SRA for abuse of process

https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/

Also consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 March 2020 at 6:35PM
    I now have a Claim Form fir the County Court Business Centre dated 27th Feb...
    With a Claim Issue Date of 27th February, you have until Monday 16th March to file an Acknowledgment of Service. If possible, do not file an AoS before 4th March, but otherwise there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 

Having filed an AoS, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 31st March 2020 to file your Defence.
    That's over four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.

To file both an AoS and a Defence, follow the guidance in this post:

Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.
  • Just wanted to also point out that I rent a garage from the landowner which is in the carpark, we use the garage for our business, so in and out all the time loading / unloading. The landowner rents the car park to PPS who manage the car parking - I think.. I haven't spoken to the land owner about this yet. 
  • Redx
    edited 3 March 2020 at 11:39AM
    In that case you should do asap and get your vehicle's added to a whitelist to avoid PCN,s
    There should have been a clause in the rental agreement
    Be proactive , not reactive , get them to cancel any PCN,s or court actions

PPS won't care about unloading or loading , so get a witness statement from the landowner stating they do not want this to go to court
  • Thanks guys, it's so good of you to give up your time to help people like me and all the others, really -  so appreciated! 

• I have just found out that Napier lease the car park on a long term lease and they use PPS to manage it.. Any thoughts on Napier and how to approach it with them?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback