IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCBC Claim Form PPS BW

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Napier are worse than PPS.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    Oh dear :(  What a nightmare... 
    So now I Read the Template defence by coupon mad and adapt it for your own defence for this case
    Do your AOS online by logging into MCOL
    Email the SAR to PPS to their DPO , attaching a copy of the claim form as proof of I D under the GDPR law , to obtain all your data. 
    I will do all this over the weekend. 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is a nightmare but we save people from it and they get through it and 'wake up' with the scam gone!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
     Ok. Thank you @Coupon-mad.. that was much needed :smile:
  • barnstormerdog
    barnstormerdog Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 March 2020 at 7:10AM
    Options
    I have done my AOS.
    FYI I have also received a Notice of County Court Claim Issued from BW Legal. Dated the same date 27th Feb. 
    I have done my SAR and will attach claim form and send to PPS Ltd tomorrow. I have asked for the info within 7 days. I was concerned that 30 days wouldn't allow me enough time to put a defence together based on the info they provide if it took them 30 days. Is that correct?
    Should I also send a letter to BW Legal also requesting info?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    FYI I have also received a NCCL from BW Legal. 
    What's one of those?
    I have asked for the info within 7 days.
    Your demand will go unheeded. Their legal timescale is 30 days. You do realise they do not exist to help you?
    I was concerned that 30 days wouldn't allow me enough time to put a defence together based on the info they provide if it took them 30 days.
    You write to BWL stating that, while you deny any debt exists, you are nonetheless seeking 'debt advice' and ask them to suspend any further action for 30 days as is required of them in the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims.  That should give time for the SAR response, but the information it will contain will not be critical at the Defence stage, more so at the Witness Statement stage, some months further down the track. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    FYI I have also received a NCCL from BW Legal. 
    What's one of those?

Sorry for the confusion I meant Notice of County Court Claim Issued
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    D_P_Dance said:

Also consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

interesting, I have drafted a letter to my MP but how would it cost them extra costs and work?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    D_P_Dance said:

Also consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

interesting, I have drafted a letter to my MP but how would it cost them extra costs and work?
    In responding to the MP. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    D_P_Dance said:

In responding to the MP. 
    So I should ask my MP to contact the PCC?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback