IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

CCBC Claim Form PPS BW

Options

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    What do you mean by "on time"?  As per the instructions on your FIRST court letter?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,883 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    But yes you can bring up any points you want, to expose the holes in their evidence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    Yes. I put my WS in (and supplementary WS) by the date and time it stated. I didn't realise the supplementary one could have been later. 
  • Were_Doomed
    Were_Doomed Posts: 699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 5 November 2020 at 3:33PM
    Options
    C-m was querying whether you had served on time ... asking for critique this late in the day suggested you hadn't served them yet, which would make them too late (unless your court order says otherwise).

As to whether you can send a Supplementary SWS .... don't know.
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    So I just prepare for my hearing, write everything down and learn all the main points to bring up. Is there a link to any advice on how the hearing might be conducted and what I should expect? I
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,883 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, in the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Plus plenty of recent concluded cases with feedback as court reports , I must have read over a dozen last month alone
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • barnstormerdog
    Options
    I sent my WS bundle and this covering email in August.

This email is also copied to the Claimant's solicitors.  

I have received your Order dated 7th July.
    I have sent hard copies but as a precaution I have included my Witness Statement with Photo Evidence ( EB), Supplementary Witness Statement and Appendix and my Costs Assessment. I have also included my defence incase that is also required. 
    I would also like the court to acknowledge that if a request is put in for a hearing "on the papers" I would please like to object.
    I am not content for the case to be heard 'on the papers' because that seems to disproportionately give an advantage to a legally represented party.  I feel strongly after all these years of intimidating demands from this aggressive parking firm and their agents, that I need a voice at an attended hearing.  
    I wish to question the Claimant about their evidence at a hearing in person and to expose omissions and any misleading or incorrect evidence or assertions.  The claim itself constitutes an abuse of process in that an unrecoverable sum dressed up as 'debt collection costs' has been added, yet this is an industry where costs must already be encompassed within the parking charge.  The Claimant knows or ought to know that this would be double recovery (ref: Britannia Parking v Crosby and anor, Southampton Court 11.11.19).  
    I feel anxious that the claim has not been similarly struck out and I might be denied a voice, after all my preparation. I have no wish to obstruct the smooth workings of the court and wish things were different, but if the claim continues, I would much prefer a face to face hearing later in the year, if the court allows.  Very much my second choice as a last resort, would be a telephone hearing.  However, I have extremely limited time during the current lockdown to attend to this matter and my time is fully occupied. 
    I have a newborn son and currently live in a small chalet and working from home so finding somewhere suitable and quiet is very difficult.
    Aside from the issues mentioned above, I think it would put me at a huge disadvantage if I was to be at home with no quiet space to organise my papers during the hearing whilst the Claimant is sat in a quiet, professional solicitors office.  When I originally filled in the Court forms and stated when I was / wasn’t available, Covid-19 wasn’t an issue as an influencing factor, but this has obviously all changed since the forms were filed and the structure of my life has changed entirely for reasons way beyond my control.
    I would prefer a hearing in person once the pandemic lockdown is lifted.  However, I understand that to formally ask for an adjournment would be at a disproportionate cost which is not an option for me, so I await the court's Order and Directions. 
    yours sincerely,  
    Geoff Lea

I received a reply to say that the hearing would go ahead with a telephone hearing. 

However, should I now send another email as advised on the forum with my WS bundle as one PDF, a new covering letter as advised and a draft order (word doc)? And also add that I would like the Judge to strike out the Claimants WS as it arrived late?

The hearing is on Fri and I want to make sure the Judge has everything to hand as easily as possible.

Thanks

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport