Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 24 November 2020 at 7:18PM
    Well after saying to myself that it wasn't worth the bother, I've just spent 30 seconds setting up a Natwest digital saver. 

It's certainly not going to bring in riches, so I can only assume I had a pang of nostalgia for the days of savings accounts that paid 3%+
  • Confused about maturity instruction for the new Chorley Seasonal Saver available 1st December. On the application form it gives you the option to transfer to external bank account but on the website it says by BACS which attracts £25 fee.
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 November 2020 at 9:37AM
    Chaps attracts £25 fee not bacs
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 November 2020 at 10:10AM
    polymaff said:

I'd much rather hear of recent experiences of MSEers. Anyone?  ... :)
    HSBC have a notice on their site asking people to contact them by 'phone only if it's urgent. Maybe people are heeding this and their lines aren't clogged with people urgently trying to find out if they're getting £16.23 in interest for the year or the jackpot of £44.50. Or maybe not....
    Account applied for on the 18th has become visible on 25th, showing first payment taken on 24th.  Huh!
    At least the rate shown is 2.75%.

• what7
    what7 Posts: 80
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Can anyone advise what RS is available that is not listed on the first page????
    I'm looking for any limit, between 0.5 to 1.5%, variable or fixed, as long it's available to open online.
    I'm planning ahead if my easy access rate drop
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,755
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    what7 said:
    I'm looking for any limit, between 0.5 to 1.5%, variable or fixed, as long it's available to open online.
    NatWest and RBS Savings Builder at 0.75%. You can put in up to £10,000 immediately but need to add £50 on the second last working day of the month to get the interest for that month. However, you only get 0.75% on balances up to £10,000, so it is best to put in no more than £9k as the first deposit.

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/savings.html

https://personal.rbs.co.uk/personal/savings/manage-your-savings/Interest-Rates-FCA.html
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    what7 said:
    https://moneyfacts.co.uk/savings-accounts/regular-savings-accounts/
  • what7
    what7 Posts: 80
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 November 2020 at 4:35PM
    Nationwide start to save. 
    £100  1% 24 months

• Tipton Fixed RS 1.35% update - posted two application forms 18/11, received account confirmation and passbook today and cheque deposited 20/11 but still not even pending on current account. OH`s will probably come soon. No details of account in letter or on website but I believe you can now make 15 SO`s £500 from 1/12/20 to 1/2/22 - maximum deposit £8000. Beware that the sort code for depositing money is different from last years fixed RS - check your passbook.
  • JamesRobinson48
    JamesRobinson48 Posts: 241
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 November 2020 at 8:04PM
    Beware that the sort code for depositing money is different from last years fixed RS - check your passbook.
    Tipton:  The sort code is the same as last year in all my passbooks: 20-27-33
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback