Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 27 November 2020 at 12:37PM
    I think some regular savers do not allow you  to miss a monthly payment so check their terms and conditions and if necessary you need only pay in £1
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,620
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I think some regular savers do not allow you not to miss a monthly payment even if you only pay in £1
    I'm always baffled by the ones that say something like "you must deposit at least £10 every month, but you can miss as many months as you like." 
    Illogical, Captain. 
  • I hope the new Coventry Regular Saver is still available in mid December; I'm not going to open one before then simply because I won't be able to make the maximum monthly deposit allowed on the day of opening if I do.
    You could open with a small deposit and drip feed up to 26th December until you reach the first monthly £500
  • FURNESS REGULAR SAVER

Don’t know if I’m going over old ground but what do you think of the 3-year regular saver £250 a month 1.4% at Furness building society?

I know it’s variable but the terms look good and very flexible.

One withdrawal a year if needed, just a £1.00 a month if you get short and although its 3 years, it looks like you can pull out at any time without loss. I think it’s open to all.

Hope I have my facts correct.

If not, I'm sure some one will put me right.

I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
  • quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,216
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 November 2020 at 2:56PM
    FURNESS REGULAR SAVER

Don’t know if I’m going over old ground but what do you think of the 3-year regular saver £250 a month 1.4% at Furness building society?

One withdrawal a year if needed, just a £1.00 a month if you get short and although its 3 years, it looks like you can pull out at any time without loss. I think it’s open to all.

Looks good, but the ID requirements might be a stickler as they require originals or certified copies to be sent to them for new customers. I'd never want to post originals and getting certified copies is a PITA. So although I like the rate and other conditions, I've got enough other RS to keep well fed.
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,620
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    FURNESS REGULAR SAVER

Looks good, but the ID requirements might be a stickler as they require originals or certified copies to be sent to them for new customers.
    This is the reason I've never availed myself of any of the Furness's offerings. I was kicking myself when on holiday in the Lake District a couple of years ago for not taking some ID documents with me. I went into the branch to ask if they *really* needed to see my ID, and they did, so I left empty-handed. 
  • typistretired
    Is this info on the Furness website or did you find out via personal contact?
    I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
    The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
    There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
    I listen all night for your step on the stair.
  • I rang them up and discussed the proof of id and that is when I was told because they would prefer customers did not come to branch they are allowing the photo id to be sent by email.  You can also download the application online, print  and complete
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 3,986
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    We pay your interest gross. The gross rate is the interest payable before the deduction of tax.
    This is a limited issue account and you can only have one version of a Regular Saver at a time.
    *AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
    With regards to Coventry - One version of a Regular Saver at a time.  Seems a bit sloppily worded, as I reads to me that one of an Issue 3, and one of an Issue 4 is perfectly acceptable, but its not clear, as I can see others interpreting it as one version of any Regular Saver.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback