Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• what7
    what7 Posts: 80
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Can you have 2 RS with Tipton?

I have their issue 1 and issue 2. Have no problem with deposit until this month. 

My first month of £250 went in fine on 27/9(test run) and 28/9.
    But this month £250 that I deposit in October has been returned for issue 2.

Any reason?

• kamkop
    kamkop Posts: 21
    Forumite
    what7 said:

I have their issue 1 and issue 2. Have no problem with deposit until this month. 

Any reason?

I had the same earlier this week. Reason: money sent from two different account and only transfers from a nominated account are allowed. (Although last month it was not enforced...)
  • what7
    what7 Posts: 80
    Forumite
    Yeh I thought it must be that at first, but first month went in fine.

How can you find out which nominated account on the app ????
  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 713
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    WillPS said:
    QQ regarding YBS Loyalty Regular Saver.

I've now had an account open for a full year. My fiancée has not had an account with YBS previously. Will a Joint application be accepted?
    Better check directly with YBS, but I can't see why not, so long as you are the main holder of joint account.
    What do you mean by 'main holder' ? I was always under the impression that joint accounts were held 50:50
    From summary box - "You can only hold one Loyalty Regular eSaver 2023 or Loyalty Regular Saver 2023 account in your name. For joint accounts you can only be the Main Holder on one account but can be Other Holder on the second account."  In my understanding the 'main holder' is the one who applies for the account and 'other holder' is the one you put in your application form as the other holder.  It's just a formality, both holders own the money equally.  What I meant was - If you are qualified for opening this account, you should have no problem opening it as a joint.
  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 713
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    what7 said:

Any reason?

Yes you can. I had no problem with depositing to both last month and this month.
  • kamkop
    kamkop Posts: 21
    Forumite
    what7 said:
    I do not think you can. At least I could not find. I was contacted by Customer Service and they reminded me which account was nominated.
  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 868
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    what7 said:
    Yeh I thought it must be that at first, but first month went in fine.

would it be the one that did not have received the returned payment?
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,090
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is it possible to access First Direct solely on the app? They have just changed the system of logging on (as far as I can see) and I've made a mess of the changes which were done via the getting archaic 'device' with the buttons.
    The online pages are the worst of all the big banks and I just don't see why ML lauds it to the skies.
  • schiff said:
    Is it possible to access First Direct solely on the app? They have just changed the system of logging on (as far as I can see) and I've made a mess of the changes which were done via the getting archaic 'device' with the buttons.
    The online pages are the worst of all the big banks and I just don't see why ML lauds it to the skies.
    Yes, I only use FD through the app.
  • gesdt50
    gesdt50 Posts: 80
    Forumite
    Good afternoon all, do Skipton allow one to deposit a few days into the month on their high rate regular saver?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback