Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,857
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 3 October 2023 at 2:28PM
    I sent payments to two of my regular saver accounts with YBS yesterday and they have just arrived back into the account they were sent from.

Not impressed. Cannot log onto my account other than via the app - the app doesn't show them arriving or being returned
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • SFindlay
    SFindlay Posts: 388
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I sent payments to two of my regular saver accounts with YBS yesterday and they have just arrived back into the account they were sent from.

Not impressed. Cannot log onto my account other than via the app - the app doesn't show them arriving or being returned
    Not impressed with what?? Have you spoken with your bank to find out a reason? 
  • nomorekids
    nomorekids Posts: 409
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Suffolk (formerly Ipswich) Building Society Smart Save Monthly (2) - Can anyone confirm that this account allows TWO withdrawals per year without losing the interest bonus? This is the info I have recorded in my spreadsheet, but unusually for me I have mislaid the original documentation for the account so I can't check, and their current offerings only seem to allow one withdrawal, so I'm questioning the validity of my notes! 

[ If I'm allowed a second withdrawal, I'll suck all the money out of it, but if I'd lose the bonus by doing so I'll leave the current balance and drop the contributions down to the minimum £10 per month. ]

Thanks in advance. 
    I have done exactly this and can confirm I ve taken one withdrawal and now top up with a nominal amount. I will sweep out the rest using the second withdrawal in December which is my renewal month
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
  • Frogletina
    Forumite
    SFindlay said:

I'm not impressed that not been able to get online today and the phonelines are busy. 

One of my payments is a new standing order but the other one is the final payment of 12 which have all gone through ok until now.  
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • SFindlay said:

I'm not impressed that not been able to get online today and the phonelines are busy. 

One of my payments is a new standing order but the other one is the final payment of 12 which have all gone through ok until now.  
    I couldn't get into YBS online several times yesterday. When I did get in I saw that a faster payment I'd done was not showing but when I tried again late evening.I got straight in and the missing payment was in my account. I've just logged in online now without any issues.  
  • wmb194 said:
    friolento said:
    Just a reminder for those who have it that Monmouthshire BS's Christmas Saver Bond Issue 5 (NLA) paying 5.5% fixed will allow penalty free withdrawals/early closure from tomorrow (Sunday 1/10/23). The account matures on the 1 year anniversary of opening.

Also a couple of regular savers increase their rates tomorrow:
    Leek BS Regular Saver Account Issue 3 will rise from 5% to 5.25%
    SRBS regular saver will rise from 4.9% to 5.15%
    I had that on my radar for closing.  I did phone them last week and was told the following (I feel like this is wrong but didn't want to press the person I spoke to too much since I just don't feel like she had access to the right info):

You have to leave £10 in the account to ensure the interest will be added to the account on the 12 month anniversary.  If it's closed in full between the 1st Oct and the 12 month anniversary you may not get the interest.

Now like I said I think this is probably wrong, since that's not what the product documentation says.  However I may wait til Monday and phone them again and hopefully get information from someone else who definitely knows how it works!  Would be good if anyone else has phoned/spoke to them about it recently as well since I'm sure what I told wasn't correct.

This sounds like 100% misinformation, or misunderstanding, to me. From the 1st of October onwards, you will not incur any interest penalty when making withdrawals, or if you close the account. 

If you close the account then, you will get your balance plus all the interest accrued up to the withdrawal date.

If you leave some money in the account, or if you elave it with a zero balance (if that is possible), you will get your withdrawal amount without any interest. Your entire accrued interest will then be paid on maturity.
    This is how I thought it worked before I asked (and I think it probably is how it will work).  Think I'll leave £10 in there anyway for the remaining 6 weeks or so just to be sure.
    This morning I closed my Monmouthshire Christmas Saver via the 'close account' option in internet banking and this afternoon I received the balance plus the interest at the full rate.
    Monmouthshire

Ive been checking and rechecking October's payment has been received online before I close mine.

Hopefully tomorrow.

• Frogletina
    Forumite
    SFindlay said:

I couldn't get into YBS online several times yesterday. When I did get in I saw that a faster payment I'd done was not showing but when I tried again late evening.I got straight in and the missing payment was in my account. I've just logged in online now without any issues.  
    I've now sent one of the payments again by faster payments and it has arrived. I'm about to close the second account so have decided not to bother with sending the final payment to that one.

I had forgotten to put the reference number on the new standing order - however, when I checked the other standing order, it also didn't have the reference number on and it has been going to the right account with no problem at all since it was set up last year.

I am assuming it is changes by YBS that has not allowed it to go through. It now says that to amend the payment reference I need to set up a new standing order. When I changed the standing order for the second account to amend the payment I didn't amend the reference or set up a new standing order, and the reference has never shown the reference number

Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,621
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Suffolk (formerly Ipswich) Building Society Smart Save Monthly (2) - Can anyone confirm that this account allows TWO withdrawals per year without losing the interest bonus? This is the info I have recorded in my spreadsheet, but unusually for me I have mislaid the original documentation for the account so I can't check, and their current offerings only seem to allow one withdrawal, so I'm questioning the validity of my notes! 

[ If I'm allowed a second withdrawal, I'll suck all the money out of it, but if I'd lose the bonus by doing so I'll leave the current balance and drop the contributions down to the minimum £10 per month. ]

Thanks in advance. 
    I have done exactly this and can confirm I ve taken one withdrawal and now top up with a nominal amount. I will sweep out the rest using the second withdrawal in December which is my renewal month
    Thanks. Will withdraw all but £10 and drop the monthly top-up to the minimum £10. 

For the benefit of other readers: the minimum operating balance on this account is £10, and you must make 11 monthly deposits of at least £10 per account anniversary year (the 'missed' one is to allow for you to defer the final payment until after the anniversary date, so in essence you've got to pay in every calendar month) or you lose the bonus. 
  • dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 529
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Applied for a Tipton account over a week ago, had a text to say the account is open but nothing yet in the post with respect to UserID or account details. Worth a phone call yet or is this standard T&C operating procedure? Don't want to overload a small BS that is probably already fairly overwhelmed with applications recently.
  • pokemaster
    pokemaster Posts: 194
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 October 2023 at 11:38PM
    West Brom BS Fixed Rate Regular Saver Issue 7

6% yearly

£10 per month minimum
    £250 per month Max

BRANCH ONLY

Source: Money Facts
Meet your Ambassadors