Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,145
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sent a secure message on 2nd October in the morning, followed up on the 5th in the evening. No response so far at all so I am really wondering how incompetent they are. Got both of the reg savers, asked them about pay in cut off times and about a potential date correction. No response whatsoever, so really out of my probably 60 accounts with many providers overall the worst ones I have came across.
    On this point I've found it takes them quite a while to reply to secure messages but for some reason you'll usually get a much quicker response if you message them over facebook (within one working day each time I've messaged them but on one occasion within an hour) so for non-account specific enquiries such as questions about their cut off times you'd probably be better off sending them a message over facebook.
  • Sent a secure message on 2nd October in the morning, followed up on the 5th in the evening. No response so far at all so I am really wondering how incompetent they are. Got both of the reg savers, asked them about pay in cut off times and about a potential date correction. No response whatsoever, so really out of my probably 60 accounts with many providers overall the worst ones I have came across.
    On this point I've found it takes them quite a while to reply to secure messages but for some reason you'll usually get a much quicker response if you message them over facebook (within one working day each time I've messaged them but on one occasion within an hour) so for non-account specific enquiries such as questions about their cut off times you'd probably be better off sending them a message over facebook.
    Thanks but I don't use facebook. I signed out of all (un)social media a while back and it's the best decision I made in a long time. I sent them a message before to ask if I really have to post a statement and if a copy is enough or if they insist on it being certified and my nominated account was verified electronically and got a response the next day. 
  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,083
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 9 October 2023 at 11:41PM
    Kazza242 said:
    TSB has launched a new Monthly Saver, paying 6.00% (AER/fixed)

• This is a 12 month bond
    • Pay in £25 - £250 per calendar month
    • Maximum investment is £3,000
    • The account is available to new and existing TSB current account holders only
    • The account can be opened online or in branch
    • Manage the account online, branch, mobile app or via telephone 
    • Unlimited penalty-free withdrawals permitted
    (The new rate will not apply to existing accounts).

Further details, here.

"If you close your Monthly Saver before the end of the 12 month term, you won't be able to open another account before the first anniversary of this account."

Can we close/convert the existing 5% reg saver somehow to qualify to open the new one? Cleared mine down to £0 a long time ago when it became uncompetitive.
  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,083
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 10 October 2023 at 8:41AM
    Thank you both.
    With TSB IT often not working it was worth an ask to see if there is any way around it. 
  • Kazza242 said:

Further details, here.

"If you close your Monthly Saver before the end of the 12 month term, you won't be able to open another account before the first anniversary of this account."

Can we close/convert the existing 5% reg saver somehow to qualify to open the new one? Cleared mine down to £0 a long time ago when it became uncompetitive.
    I've found TSB are very strict in this regard, their systems won't let you open or convert into a new regular saver until the 1 year anniversary of opening the previous regular saver.
    Just to confirm this:  I've tried to open it and at the end of application got this message: "There is a current contract of the requested product".  I opened my 5% monthly saver on 29th Jan (now closed), so I'll have to wait until 29th Jan.
  • Kazza242 said:

Further details, here.

I've found TSB are very strict in this regard, their systems won't let you open or convert into a new regular saver until the 1 year anniversary of opening the previous regular saver.
    Just to confirm this:  I've tried to open it and at the end of application got this message: "There is a current contract of the requested product".  I opened my 5% monthly saver on 29th Jan (now closed), so I'll have to wait until 29th Jan.
    Same error for me. I remember closing the 2.5% Reg saver and opening up the 5% soon afterwards without issues in the past. Maybe they have tightened up their it systems after all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback