Forum Home» Competitions Time» Compers Chat Corner

New Forum layout problems / bugs / How Do I? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

New Forum layout problems / bugs / How Do I?

edited 8 February at 10:18PM in Compers Chat Corner
413 replies 19.7K views

Replies

• Lucky1983Lucky1983 Forumite
    2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm using the search function to find all posts dated 07/02 for example - as we can't seem to order the board by date like we used to! Super annoying but thats another issue.
    But when I run a search for comps with that end date, how do I find just the current ones?? I'm getting lists full of ones that are in Game Over for example, which is not what I want. Can anyone help? Thanks.
    Last 9 years total: £8623
    Best 2019 wins: Wimbledon hospitality tickets, £500 Canopy & Stars voucher, Longleat tickets & Sonos speaker.
    Total 2020 so far: Kids book, two Neals Yard products, Ramus seafood
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    molly57. said:
    Hello everyone. 
    I hope I am not asking the same question as everyone else and the answer has been posted elsewhere. How do I sort competitions by date order which is how I normally do it? 

It would appear at the moment that you can't. Ive just had a look at the snagging thread and it appears they have noted that down as an issue, as well as not having the skip/entered visable on the main thread. Hopefully that means they will sort it out.
    Best 2019 wins: Wimbledon hospitality tickets, £500 Canopy & Stars voucher, Longleat tickets & Sonos speaker.
  • rwgrayrwgray Forumite
    532 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    • Search only Competitions Time easily?
      Click the Purple Search icon next to the page numbers, will search only this forum.
    GREAT - and how do I prevent seeing multiple results for each thread instead of just the first please?
  • borntoshopborntoshop Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody know where the thread subscriptions are? 
  • cornishpasty1cornishpasty1 Forumite
    26.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, if we have issues with the new forum layout, the Feedback forum is here : 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/site-feedback
    Let's not clutter up the Compers Chat with 10 versions of the same post :) 

Thanks for posting sleepyjones, should we put our comments on here?
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6100014/new-forum-snagging#latest
    Huge thanks to all that contribute positively to the forums <3
    #StaySafe
  • rhialwencomprhialwencomp Forumite
    388 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    You need to use advanced search, title E:07/02, category competition time, and remember if the button is blue then it's ticked. So you don't want subcategories or replies on.
    This is how it looks for me on that search and it doesn't seem to pick up GO.

2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I think thats how I tried it, however just found this comment which worked for me
    • Search only Competitions Time easily?
      Click the Purple Search icon next to the page numbers, will search only this forum.

• BackAgainBackAgain Forumite
    560 posts
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    No hover text.

Skips and and enters missing entirely from post phone and text.

This for me.
    Plus...
    Can't change font size when posting too, if I copy & paste then it's massive & you can't change it.
    Characters even more limited in title. Can't fit much info in but, that is one I can live with.

I have to admit this is causing some major panic & grief for me, ha. It seems so dramatic but I absolutely love comping & I felt like I was truly organised with the way it way, this is a huge headf**k - I can't imagine that even with it ironed out I'll ever be truly comfortable but I'm staying optimistic :) MSE do like to put us first so I'm sure all our concerns will be listened to.