Forum Home» Competitions Time» Compers Chat Corner

New Forum layout problems / bugs / How Do I? - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

New Forum layout problems / bugs / How Do I?

edited 8 February at 10:18PM in Compers Chat Corner
413 replies 19.7K views

Replies

• Pb2312Pb2312 Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks Sleepyjones, I will try again in an hour or so. It’s running slowly for me so it may be that. 
  • edited 7 February at 3:18PM
    sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 February at 3:18PM
    mjm3346 said:
    Am I missing the obvious but I cannot see how to tell if I have already posted on a thread?
    Posted a reply?
    Did the forum ever show a notification that you had replied to a thread?

You mean the "Find all posts by user" type stuff?

*Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
  • rhialwencomprhialwencomp Forumite
    389 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    mjm3346 said:
    Am I missing the obvious but I cannot see how to tell if I have already posted on a thread?
    Posted a reply?

On the green one it did. It was like a little swoopy arrow thing.
  • sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    mjm3346 said:
    Posted a reply?

On the green one it did. It was like a little swoopy arrow thing.
    ahh right, I must have seen that but probably just didn't pay much attention to it.
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mjm3346 said:
    Posted a reply?

You mean the "Find all posts by user" type stuff?

There was a symbol that showed from the index (mighty have been a bit like a turned arrow) so for instance in the iwon section you could easily tell if you had congratulated someone even if the posts had been jumbled about
    Internet goodness £27790 ckllvwc2btfb.gif
  • emmav6emmav6 Forumite
    404 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    once the green entered button on each post is clicked, i don't seem to be able to un-enter it again. only a little problem but could get annoying
  • Heather3Heather3 Forumite
    88 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    @cornishpasty1 ... Yeah, I just figured that'll be getting a bit spammy in there and 100 people will be asking the same questions, so I figured it might be an idea to get a definitive list in here and weed out the User error type "bugs",  we can then compile that into a proper list for their developers to look at, may also stop people from posting a new thread in Compers Chat.
    Great idea  <3

Firstly I can't see how to sort in whatever order we want ie latest post, thread starter, end date, etc etc
    and I saw in the other thread that we will be able to pick up where we last viewed, but not sure how the forum are sorting the threads
    I desperately need the red cross/green tick (hopefully that will come through in due course as I see previous x skipped or ticked for entered

EDIT: I've just spotted the red cross/green tick boxes, they are greyed out but they are there  <3  
    Yes SAME here, I need to be able to at least skip on the main page, at the moment I have to open the link and then skip which is annoying, so would be good if they fixed that. 
  • tompobtompob Forumite
    92 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts
    posted on main board sorry guys... but how do i get competitions to list in date order... if possible 

• kirstdibbykirstdibby Forumite
    37 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    the main issue for me is going to be being able to skip a post without having to go into it- saved me so much time when it was introduced so i hope we havent lost that function. the rest im hoping i can cope with! 
    Comping on MSE since May '09::j

January: Childs Bike, Jamie Oliver Cookbook.