What small DFW things will you do w/c 27th Jan?

Options

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,148 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Fruhalistas,
    Well the shape of this week needs to look something like this in terms of money saving:
    *Put extra effort into meal planning for next week so as to use up lots of the stuff we already have in. If even Mr F is saying we've got loads of food, we really do need to prioritise this.
    *Keep all budget accounts up to date, including the separate accounts I'm keeping for the work we're having done this year - three jobs done (plus a littlie)...loads more to go.
    *Carry on knitting my new jumper. It's a complicated pattern & so slower progress than usual, but I like a yarn-based challenge!
    *Fitness needs to improve (free fitness, of course). Am putting this off, but my bike tyres are pumped up & ready to go so no excuses.
    *Seed box inventory & seed order. This hasn't happened as last week was a bit weird so must have it finished by next Monday when I'm updating again on here.
    *Sort out February birthdays.....which I thought I'd mostly done, but I hadn't!
    *Make a new list of 'Annoying Jobs' which can be done for either very low cost or no cost.
    *Sort out & inventory of my half of the shed. Now it's been re-roofed it isn't as soggy in there & I need to get down there to see which packaging materials I could do with recycling for extra seed trays, modules this year.....if any.
    *Make more marmalade as have sold 15 jars this week.
    To be honest, I think tackling annoying jobs will take up a good bit of my time this week, so I shall leave my job list achievable.
    Love to all, nice to read what everyone's been up to. I mostly concentrate on my dfw diary these days, primarily because I don't do a daily list any more, but rest assured that I'm still being money saving. The mortgage may have gone, but I'm defo not going back to the silly money wasting behaviour of the Spendy Decades.
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 January 2020 at 10:11AM
    Options
    Good morning?!

Is everyone having a lie in??

Just thought I'd pop in quickly with a list. Nothing exciting on a week day.

:heartpuls B/L/D from stores - done
    :heartpuls OH to hopefully do housework - done
    :heartpuls Car in for scheduled and paid for service - done
    :heartpuls Charge phone in work - done
    :heartpuls Check PMP - done
    :heartpuls Nose in cs at lunchtime for door curtains (or at least floor length) as I'm waging war on how quickly our house loses heat! - done. Got a pair for £15
    :heartpuls Cross stitch later - done
    :heartpuls Heating on timer to hopefully click on later once I'm home! - kept it off

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 January 2020 at 3:06PM
    Options
    Morning Clf and all who follow :wave:
    Todays list

:grinheart more ys bread out of the freezer this morning for the kids to have egg on toast for breakfast ✅
    :grinheart changed my gym plans, have been doing 2 classes a day since Sept but I've also had more joint problems, low mood and illness etc. So I've dropped one class and started doing Couch 2 5k again instead - So today 1 class ✅ and Week 1 day 1 of C25K ✅
    :grinheart see if dh is happy for me to "re gift" some thorntons chocolates to a friend (better on the purse and waist line for us!) ✅
    :grinheart check banking/update spreadsheet ✅
    :grinheart update freezer inventory and meal plan
    :grinheart check all sockets that can be off, are.. ✅
    :grinheart read the main :money: site as I want to be changing one of our banks.

That is my start. Take care all.
    ✅ ✅ Made families lunches for tomorrow
    ✅ ✅ Ran the dishwasher on the quick wash cycle
    ✅ ✅ Put washing away from the heated airer, a couple of bits need ironing but I'll wait until I have more before I iron. Checked the wash bin and not enough for a load so will wait til the kids clothes after badminton go in tonight instead of washing a part load
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all!

No exercise for me today as feel like the sudden jump in my exercise levels has caught up with me! Had planned to go to the gym at lunch but decided against it. Not allowing myself to feel guilty about "skipping" a session as I haven't had a "proper" lunch break in 3 weeks as been to the gym or ran every day and have a few things I need to do in town!

Today I have/will:
    * Check banks
    * Do foam rolling
    * Load of washing on 30 degree eco wash
    * Park for free and walk to work
    * Continue using up OOD cereal for breakfast and use communal milk at work
    * Got some errands to run at lunch so will make a list and snap any receipts
    * Update spreadsheet with spends
    * Check OP/ PA
    * Maybe cash out on PA and make CC over-payment
    * Start creating a list of frogs!
    * Use charity bag as bin liner
    * Make meal plan
    * Make shopping list
    * Hang washing on airer
    * SHOP TO LIST
    * Dinner from stores
    * Do some more crochet if I feel up to it

Think that's everything for today.
    Starting again..
  • jbkmum
    jbkmum Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm going to join in because I slump in between my big debt payments and I think the little things might keep me going. So hi!

Today my plans are:
    Cycle home for lunch time to walk the dogs. Put the wash on so that it starts after 7pm when my energy is cheaper.
    Check bolognese has defrosted for DS tea.
    Once back at work, charge phone and bike lights.
    Strip chicken carcass in fridge, freeze meat, put carcass in slow cooker for stock.
    Take tomorrows bolognese out for DS tea (bolognese week poor child).
    Take out tomorrows soup for lunch
    Roast Butternut squash so I can make cake. Freeze in 400gram pouches.
    Post ebay parcel.
    £5000 left to pay on credit cards, down from 40k!!
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Afternoon all :hello:

Had a slightly slower start to the day this morning, before getting on here. Today’s jobs are/were:

Check banking
    Small shop, used MOC
    Friend came round for cuppa
    Meals from stores
    Pudding will be use up from Christmas
    Washing on airer
    Tidy through
    DW on economy wash
    Sign something and send on e mail
    Check PMP
    Look at some surveys

Have a good day all. Purps
  • stitching_witch
    Options
    Hoping the missing regulars put in an appearance this week.

Like me? I’m still reading even if I’m not posting. :D
    Making magic with fabric
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    jbkmum wrote: »
    Take tomorrows bolognese out for DS tea (bolognese week poor child).

Hi jbkmum welcome aboard!

Does your ds like chilli con carne? I often turn bolognase into chilli by adding some beans, a bit of spice and a bit of sweetcorn. You could even use rinsed off baked beans instead of kidney beans!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Elisheba
    Elisheba Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

DFW things today include:

Working from library to save on heating power.

Packed lunch and thermos of tea.

Blankets and hot water bottle tonight instead of heating.

Watering down the milk to make it last the week.

Big bunch of rosemary and teasels from the allotment to make the house pretty.

Had some time so priced all the items from Feb shipping list and which of the supermarkets I use is cheapest for then (this was spectacularly tedious).

Checked banking
    Live the good life where you have been planted.
    Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2022 - 15 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2023 - 6 carried over. Fashion on the Ration Challenge 2024 - 67 remaining out of 72 My Frugal, Thrifty Moneysaving Diary
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,447 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Today's small things:
    Checked banks and did some other financial stuff
    Home grown fruit with breakfast
    Pegged washing out for a while before it started pouring with rain, hail etc :( Now on airer. It will dry overnight as the wood stove is alight.

Priced up a couple of boxes of items to take to my sales unit a bit later in the week
    DD and GS came round after GS had been to playschool - this is a new thing, DD and I both thought he wouldn't settle, as he is very clingy (aged just 2). DD was prepared to stay with him, but he settled fine :) He now goes for 2 x 2 hour sessions a week currently. Fed everyone on HM carrot and parsnip soup from the freezer :)
    Made a loaf in the BM
    Made a frittata for dinner, as I seem to have lots of eggs and peppers :o
    Nothing spent again today, but I do need to get a bit of shopping tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure