Barclays say I can claim my PPI

Options

Comments

• renegadefm
    renegadefm Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Labsuper, yes but Alleys cut would come from the successful claim, not my pocket as some was suggesting.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    renegadefm wrote: »
    zx81, if it all goes to the OR then so be it. I'm just stating what Alley have just confirmed I won't get hammered with fees as its all done on a no win no fee basis.

No. They've confirmed you WILL get hammered with fees as the complaint will have been successful.

No one pays it but you because you employed them.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    zx81, if it all goes to the OR then so be it. I'm just stating what Alley have just confirmed I won't get hammered with fees as its all done on a no win no fee basis. But they went onto say I still might get something if the PPI is greater than what I went bankrupt for. The Barclays PPI woman said a simular thing. So I just got to hope the PPI return is more than 38 grand. If not I wont get a penny, end of story.

Maybe the case if you went IVA - in bankrupty it ALL will go to the OR.

The official advice is, if your ex bankrupt you are not advised to claim for PPI yourself as you are not entitled to, the OR may put in a claim - end.
  • renegadefm
    Options
    zx81, your not reading what I put. They told me straight they work on a no win no fee basis. I even told them the scaremongering going on this forum which prompted me to call them, and they said well this is our policy, we only get 10% if we get successful claims.
    Heres the number you can ring them 0191 462 0000
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm reading what you've put, but you're not reading what I've put. Which is odd, given it's your money that's at stake.

They get paid on a successful claim. If the bank payout, it's a successful complaint. You're choosing to pretend that it's not successful if the money doesn't go into your pocket.

Say hi to them from me if you call them again.
  • renegadefm
    Options
    17th April 2008 I went bankrupt which is almost 12 years ago. Surely all the surplace PPI I payed in the years leading up to my bankruptcy should be mine now from a moral stance? Its what I payed out after all?
    What I mean is if my PPI is 50k and I went bankrupt for 38k. It wouldn't be fair for the OR to make a profit from me.
  • Labsuper
    Labsuper Posts: 266 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    17th April 2008 I went bankrupt which is almost 12 years ago. Surely all the surplace PPI I payed in the years leading up to my bankruptcy should be mine now from a moral stance? Its what I payed out after all?
    What I mean is if my PPI is 50k and I went bankrupt for 38k. It wouldn't be fair for the OR to make a profit from me.

In that scenario OR get 38k, you get 7k and Allay get 5k.

If however the PPI pay out is for example 35k that all goes to OR, you get zero and you personally get a bill from Allay for 3.5k.
  • foxy-stoat
    Options

Moral, maybe - legal, not as its not how bankruptcy works - do research. A line was drawn in the sand on 17th April 2008. EVERYTHING you owned or likely to own wether known or not is an asset of the OR. That includes PPI refund for successful claims (although no one was really aware at that time). That would also include say if you were named in an inheritance prior to your bankruptcy but they didnt track you down until after you were discharged.

Of course if you ran up debt after you were discharged and that had PPI then that would be yours.

Any who, dont take my word for it, wish you all the luck.
  • foxy-stoat
    Options
    Labsuper wrote: »
    In that scenario OR get 38k, you get 7k and Allay get 5k.

If however the PPI pay out is for example 35k that all goes to OR, you get zero and you personally get a bill from Allay for 3.5k.

You sure about that? What about the fees of the OR?
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lab super, don’t forget the OR’s fees, plus VAT on the CMC fees
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure