New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Santa’s challenge 2020 ...

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
226 replies 11.1K views

Replies

• chaniechanie Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi happy kitties,

This site keeps crashing on my iPad and iPhone, so I haven’t posted in a while, as I haven’t been able to get on.  I have been working at home since the middle of last week and will have the ‘joy’ of trying to work whilst educating my children.  Fun times.  
    I have also been out and about, but tried to keep my distance from others, as far as I can.  All of the children’s activities (bar 1) have been suspended and this includes DDs first holy communion.  DS has his birthday next month and I told him that he couldn’t have a party with his friends for a while, But we would do something when we could.

On a positive note, I did buy one Xmas present,! I won some Love to shop vouchers and put them away For later use.  Luckily, I checked them this week and realised they expire at the end of the month.  I had to panic buy something, as I was convinced that the country was going to lock down at the weekend.  At least that’s one more present I can cross off my list.
    2020 savings on purchases £6303.60
  • crazy-cat-lady_2crazy-cat-lady_2 Forumite
    431 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hope everyone is ok on here. All
    coping ok, feeling well and getting food and supplies?  Are supermarkets carnage near you all? I have to confess I haven’t risked one. We thankfully have managed well with Ocado. Got most of the things we order..even loo roll. 

Chaos here. Working from home with schools shut, not the easiest. Especially during video calls! 

Thankfully nobody poorly here but some
    family are very high risk so we are scared and trying to be careful. Pretty much self isolating without need. 

Plenty time at home for organising and hunting for good deals on line for presents. I managed to get a few nice bits today to put away for kid’s party presents and stocking fillers. 

Such an awful and upside down time that it feels strange even thinking so far ahead as Christmas. But I guess it’s something positive to think about or we’d all go insane. 
    Book a week challenge 3/52. Money made on cashback and survey sites £27.50
  • chaniechanie Forumite
    2.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The supermarkets in my part of London are slowly getting back to normal.  On Saturday, Lidl barely had any stock, but today (Sunday) We managed to get a decent shop in Aldi.  

I have been receiving lots of emails offers for online shopping, so there are bargains to be had, but I have lost my motivation to think about Christmas with all the uncertainty.  Still, I’m ahead of the game, regardless. 

Keep safe.
  • Happy_KittiesHappy_Kitties Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    The site i making me change my password everytime i want to post :(
    Chanie i know what u mean about motivation and Christmas.
    I tried wrapping some Christmas presents yesterday but just got bad tempered and covered in sellotape. Determined not to waste this gift of time i switched to wrapping the birthday presents i already have in. Fared lightly better on this front.
    This morning i took a trip to [email protected] (i think my last in awhile now bec of my health) in the elderly and vulnerable hour. Was surprised at their stocks considering they got hammered over the weekend. Got a free bunch of flowers-they had loads left over from mothers day.
    Didnt want much but out of the blue just grabbed some new chocolate to replace the old chocolate in one of the shoeboxes that didnt go last year. Spent time working on the shoebox when i got home-very calming but i think it is something i can control and we do every year.
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:T:T:T:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=360.66:j
  • KatiehoundKatiehound Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can hardly believe this 'alternative universe!'

Added to that finding this new website hard to navigate, not sure what was wrong with the old one!!

Got home last Thu afternoon after the cruise, therefore empty fridge, followed by empty Morrisons. Luckily Aldi has come up trumps, only things I would really like now are a few tins of chickpeas.
    My girl has 3x sacks of Salmon food and I managed to order 2x 2 different types for the boy who is wheat intolerant. Wouldn't probably have bought 2 of each, but buying one meant p&p charge.

After 6 week cruise I need to 'live off my resources' ie lose weight so that's one thing to do on my list. Otherwise I am just getting trying  to grips with the implications.... it's incomprehensible....
    No chance to read all the comments- need to get the shopping stored.

Hope everyone is fit and well. Take lots of care. xxx
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 25 March at 10:00AM
    Happy_KittiesHappy_Kitties Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 25 March at 10:00AM
    Glad to see u posting  Katiehound, we were worried that u would be okay and get home okay, esp with hearing in the news about cruise liners being infected and impounded.
    Slowly working on the shoeboxes, do find them very calming. Plus lots of washing while the weather is good. 
    Hope everyone is keeping okay x

2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:T:T:T:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=360.66:j
  • chaniechanie Forumite
    2.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, I'm pleased everyone has checked into the thread, safe and well.
    I'm trying to work from home and also educate the children, which is proving to be difficult.  OH is still working, so we are going to take the children for their daily exercise when OH gets home.  

5.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't get to grips with the new site- there doesn't seem a way to edit posts, or in fact to sign out!... or is that just me??
    Many thanks

• crazy-cat-lady_2crazy-cat-lady_2 Forumite
    431 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Not just you!  I can’t use it. I miss the old one. I don’t use it half as much now. The new site is a nightmare for me too. I’ve got my password right and yet it still tells me it’s wrong. 
    Book a week challenge 3/52. Money made on cashback and survey sites £27.50
    5.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I have found out how to sign out!!
    The password thing is that mine is being remembered wrongly!

Really don't like this at all. Even our 'medals' have gone. Badges are teeny weeny 

As far as I am concerned this is the usual "new and improved" story- in fact anything but!
    Many thanks