Santa’s challenge 2020 ...

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 February 2020 at 5:24PM
    Yep, knitting pattern turned up today- after I had spent oodles of time yesterday online hunting for mittens knitted with 2 needles rather than 4!

When I went out with dogs last night after 10pm almost fell into black bin bag full of.. yet another duvet! Rather worrying as I had changed notice in my window as I don't want bags at front door if I am off on hollyers!! 6 duvets dragged up to loft, and one big case came down.

Very windy here today. I had 2 broken trellis toppings on top of fence panels. Both have collapsed! So now, a big clematis montana blowing in the wind.

Other than that nearly sewn the ukulele case. Time to go to it!

Have all my tickets. Passport. Visas. Need to check the $ situation. Trying on clothes tomorrow

Happy Kitties: for your egg tree perhaps? have you seen these 'egg jugs' made with Polish paper cuts. You could try to make the paper neck & foot ring for a blown egg?
    https://www.polartcenter.com/Wycinanka_Chicken_Egg_Pitcher_Lowicz_Style_p/9814919.htm
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • its me Mum2one... for some reason for love nor money the site wont let me log in frm the laptop, but will off the ipad etc...

had a brain wave yesterday... new decade, thught aim for the 1st of the month for challenges...(late due to password....)xx
  • mum2one its a pain that u have had to create a new account bec of the system. I remember the time a couple of years ago when the system wouldnt keep u logged in and used to throw u out. It was either keep logging in or people created new accounts the. Its a pain :(

Had a look at the pitcher katiehound. I dont know whether i would have the patience to make now but i think once the living room is done and my scrapbooking is up and running and i can get to everything, i would def have a go at making one. It looks very pretty but delicate.

Good news about the duvets, but bad timing. Im glad u have managed to work on ur ukelele case though esp as u will soon be travelling.

I took a nosy in The Works today for exercise books but it looks like the Range will be the best place to hunt things down for the Bags of Education. While checking out on the list what else was needed it said that the minimum number of bags u could do was 3 so it looks like i will be doing 3.

Also used up the last of a gift card DD wouldnt use to buy a couple of bits in the clearance section in Argos. I think will use one bath set as a present and one for the charity auction.
    Off to buy 2 more storage boxes this week. Under the bed cleaned and tidied ready for the extra boxes but ive gone into mega sort out and tidy mode-it wont last!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The ukulele case is made- came out larger than needed so I shall stuff the gap with bubble wrap- all because I don't want to hire an instrument when I already have 2 at home!

cruise line phoned today to check that I had my visas, and to ask if I had been to China in the last 14 days

When chatting on the phone this evening noticed one hound had nibbled a spot on her lower leg raw :eek:- they are going into kennels in the morning. talk about bad timing. I'll rebandage tonight with a swipe of sudocrem.

I was about to pack away a 'shoebox' bag when I noticed a very lurexy scarf on the top. Perfect for my Indian costume.
    Tomorrow it's packing for real ,and probably a whole load of throwing out!!the last cruise I wrote a list of what actually got worn! so will try to stick to that.

So, don't be surprised that there is silence from this end for a while. I am not looking forward to the outward journey, but warm sun will be very welcome!
    I'm going to miss the launch of the new website but my e-mail is correct so I should still be able to log on without a name change. Here's hoping.....
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Hi,

Back from holidays, Disneyland was amazing. The little one adored it and went crazy at seeing Elsa sing let it go and blow her a kiss. Even got a cuddle from Tigger. Cruise was great too, but good to be home after a crazy two months of not knowing where I was for long.

Getting organised and back on the prep and putting things away. If anyone has a B&M near them, it’s worth a look at the moment. All the Christmas toys that were £24 for 2 are now £4 each! I got a few bits to put away for kids for Christmas or for birthday parties from nursery. Good quality little jigsaws and little lego and duplo sets and Hama bead kits.

There’s a few homeless charities near me that use drawstring bags instead of boxes too, as they’re reusable and less messy. I’ve dragged out the sewing machine and some old fabric. About to make a few. Though, if that fails I’ve seen decent sized ones for 19p each on Ali express.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Have a great time on ur travels Katiehound, looking forward to hearing about ur travels. I hope the hounds leg settled down and everything was okay.

crazy cat lady it's been a mad couple of months for u, I bet it feels strange but nice to be home. Lovely to hear the little one had a great time.

chanie where are u, missing u! I've got a 21st birthday coming up later this year for a very very difficult young person. I'm going to pinch ur coffee cup and voucher idea for the present:j which will come in handy for their work. I know on their 18th the young person just had smellies from everyone and I really want to avoid going down that route

All I have been doing is buying more storage boxes. The ladies in the shop were I just thought u needed 2 boxes. 6 boxes later and I have just about sorted everything from Christmas presents I've bought, items for the link to hope boxes and items for the charity auction. It has been a very satisfying experience getting things organised.

I could do with one more box but if u buy them in pairs they work out alot cheaper and I dont know whether I have the space so I might have another reorganise.

The last of DDs presents are arriving today. Need to wrap. I hate wrapping:( and still need to get the first present of the year wrapped and sent. Ive started the year I can safely say.......disorganised:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • I was itching to have a proper look at the items for my link to hope boxes after getting some chocolate in Tesc@ that has the shelf life that the charity like. I need to open the other 2 boxes that were packed and never delivered last year. One box i dont even know whether it was elderly or family. The choc needs removing and replacing from both.

Sat on the bedroom floor, storage box out with Midsommer Murders on last night i started to pack box number 3 (elderly) using the shoebox katiehound sent the hot water bottles in. It is half packed but gave me a really good idea of where i have loads of bits and where i  have a definite shortfall of things. Means i can start collecting things slowly thru the year.
    Last storage box bought that is now housing new christmas bits.
    It's weird, ive got stuck into decluttering and reorganising things into storage boxes, had a look at the link to hope storage boxes but im dodging any presents that need wrapping-and i have a few!!
    Bought a few more birthday cards this morning, enough for birthdays until June i hope 
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone,

no updates from me.  I haven’t made any progress over the past few weeks, but most shops have only just gotten rid of their Xmas stock, anyway.    I have been quite fortunate, as my last two jobs have been based near major shopping districts, so I have been able to shop during my lunch break.  My current job is in Central London, but is a (short) ride away from the shops, so it’s not as easy.  It’s funny how such a small change can make a big difference.   

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    (*evil laugh*) I have scored another shoe box for my link boxes.  A colleague had some new boots delivered to work and I was trying them on in the office, so I asked if I could have the box once they had finished it.  The looked rather bemused at my request, but I explained that I made up charity boxes for Christmas.  I now have two boxes, so just need another 4.  
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2020 at 12:35AM
    Hi everyone. I have yet to read the latest posts. I've made a Valentine's gift this week. It's on the theme of 'Remember when'. I wrote suitable anecdotes on paper and rolled them up and tied with pink thread as well as some with pink bracelet elastic (forgotten the name for it). I had to do quite a few Plan B's for the gift but think it came out much better than my original idea.
    I put the rolls of paper inside a really pretty wine glass with pink on bottom part of it (I couldn't find a glass container that would be suitable). I also had a plan B with the contents as I wanted to add other things inside but it didn't work out because of the shape of the glass so I had to add large glass hearts and attach them onto the rolls of paper instead of lying loose inside (as they all tipped upside down so the mirrored back were showing instead of the pink tops).

I also bought a book with pages to fill in (The Two of Us), it was really pretty but when I got it home realised some of the chapters weren't really what I expected (a bit OTT) so decided against using it and luckily I found a Christmas gift I forgot to give, a charm on pink elastic to be used as a bracelet with a lovely sentiment attached related to Wishes.  One of my art club friends left me bubble wrap outside my door yesterday when I said I didn't have any, so I could wrap the glass up without danger of breakage.

This new website format is hard to adjust on the eyes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback