Purchased refurbished laptop from itzoo..

Options

Comments

• EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone got the correct email to support or phone no?

Afraid to call them?

0114 232 9206

SALES@ITZOO.CO.UK
    INFO@ITZOO.CO.UK

https://itzoo.co.uk/pages/contact-us
  • another_casualty
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    That's an oddity. What happens if you don't press f12?

Then I get the black screen with " invalid partition table "
  • another_casualty
    Options
    EveryWhere wrote: »

Not afraid , but I phoned them and I got an answerphone that sounded like someone was asleep

Progress is being made though.
    I have just received an email from Darren asking for my phone no
    He has it and am awaiting callback
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    There are details on a previous post I did regarding if I should buy a pc for work or not .
    What is happening is that I get a black screen with a message " invalid partition label ." This confused me, as I expected to just turn on , and off I go . I did post a couple of updates on Saturday but the thread was getting a lack of interest or everyone was busy . I googled as to what to do , and it seems that the only thing to do was press esc/f12
    Sent messages to itzoo with no reply .
    When I press esc/f12,it exits boot agent .
    I tried legacy boot / uefi boot which takes me to windows boot manager. This is the only option that works . Bios setup etc does not
    I have no idea what version of Windows I'm on . I just keep getting messages telling me I "need to activate windows"
    Hope this explains things more clearly ..

It's a bit remiss of you to expect that we go trawling through your history to find the device involved. What are you thinking?
    If you start a new thread, post the details in it or just re-purpose the old thread.

Anyway, it appears to be this one; https://itzoo.co.uk/products/dell-latitude-e6430-laptop-3rd-gen-i5-2-7ghz-windows-10
  • another_casualty
    Options
    I have never heard of Windows Boot Agent. Are you referring to the Intel Boot Agent?

It's a bit remiss of you to expect that we go trawling through your history to find the device involved. What are you thinking?
    If you start a new thread, post the details in it or just re-purpose the old thread.

Yes it's intel boot agent . I don't know how to re -purpose old thread .
    Everything is explained now . Sorry it took so long . I'm new to pc and may have worded things differently through no fault of my own
    In fact I shouldn't have any of these problems . It should work right out of the box . Please don't crucify me without my cross and nails
    You are an expert and I am not .
    There is way too much to explain and if I did nobody would bother due to length of text.
    Anyway , UEFI boot : windows boot manager is the only thing that works .

Yes , that's the one
  • another_casualty
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Lets sort your first problem out first (having to press F12)

What is the make and model of the computer ?

Delll Latitude E6430
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    Yes it's intel boot agent . I don't know how to re -purpose old thread .
    Everything is explained now . Sorry it took so long . I'm new to pc and may have worded things differently through no fault of my own
    In fact I shouldn't have any of these problems . It should work right out of the box . Please don't crucify me without my cross and nails
    You are an expert and I am not .
    There is way too much to explain and if I did nobody would bother due to length of text.
    Anyway , UEFI boot : windows boot manager is the only thing that works .

Yes , that's the one

There is Intel Boot Agent and Windows Boot Manager.

If Intel Boot Agent, then likely the refurbishers used that to install Windows 10 to their machines. They clearly didn't bother to disable it afterwards.

Expert has nothing to do with it. You either continue to post on the old thread where the details of the device are contained or put the details of the device within the new thread.

I totally agree that the device should work straight out of the box. Poor from IT Zoo.

There is no reason for you to be messing around having to sort it out yourself.

Personally I would make them collect it at their cost, fix it and send it back to you.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thank you :)
    I'm still waiting for the tech guy to phone me , and will update as to the outcome . I emailed and phoned itzoo on Saturday as mentioned.
    I thought I'd give them till yesterday and had to chase them up again

It does seem that quality control ,and lack of care from itzoo is partly to blame here .

Will keep you posted ..
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 January 2020 at 1:34PM
    Options
    There is Intel Boot Agent and Windows Boot Manager.

If Intel Boot Agent, then likely the refurbishers used that to install Windows 10 to their machines. They clearly didn't bother to disable it afterwards.

Expert has nothing to do with it. You either continue to post on the old thread where the details of the device are contained or put the details of the device within the new thread.

I totally agree that the device should work straight out of the box. Poor from IT Zoo.

There is no reason for you to be messing around having to sort it out yourself.

Personally I would make them collect it at their cost, fix it and send it back to you.

That last line is the best advice . I may send them another email asking what they're playing at .

I have just emailed them telling them that I'm still waiting for tech person, and that maybe they should collect , sort out problem and return to me free of charge .
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    That last line is the best advice . I may send them another email asking what they're playing at .

Just let them know that if it is not resolved today, that they should effect a return for the faulty device and issue a full refund.

https://itzoo.co.uk/pages/returns-1

I would be irritated if they sent me such a thing, even if I could fix it myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure