Bookworms 2020

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
481 replies 38.6K views

Replies

• elsienelsien Forumite
    24.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant agonising rather than philosophising, but the forum has decided not to allow me to edit at present.

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • edited 11 February 2020 at 9:48PM
    ziggy2407ziggy2407 Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 February 2020 at 9:48PM
    Finished James Patterson's "Revenge" and loved it so will be investigating more of this series through the year.  Have a few books on order from the library so thought while I'm waiting for them I'll try and read some from home - managed to read "Confessions of a Veterinary Nurse" (a competition win) it wasn't my normal kind of read so I'm making progress on that part of my challenge too to try new books, authors and styles (it could have done with the proof reader catching a few of the  glaring errors though), currently reading a childhood favourite "Little Women".

Books read in 2020: 10 of 60
    2020 - Banish the clutter ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • gettingtheresometimegettingtheresometime Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭

Finally finished 'My lovely wife' by Samantha Downing which was a Richard & Judy book club read.

The book is written from the pov of the husband, who with his wife, are serial killers mimicking a known serial killer....don't worry though there's no gory details.

It was an ok read but I found The Holiday which I was listening to concurrently far more gripping.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card / JD Williams cleared :) thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge