Forum Home» Credit Cards

Tandem Cashback ending 9th March - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Tandem Cashback ending 9th March

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Credit Cards
319 replies 25.1K views

Replies

• trienttrient Forumite
    60 posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    The best non-Amex, uncapped alternative to Tandem (after 1 Feb for NatWest/RBS) is the HSBC Premier credit card. With points to vouchers the earning rate is 0.33%. But eligibility is tough.
  • Nick_CNick_C Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    trient wrote: »
    The best non-Amex, uncapped alternative to Tandem (after 1 Feb for NatWest/RBS) is the HSBC Premier credit card. With points to vouchers the earning rate is 0.33%. But eligibility is tough.

Wouldn't the John Lewis card be better for most people? Half a percent cashback everywhere, one percent in JL or Waitrose. Paid as vouchers three times a year. Vouchers can only be spent at JL or Waitrose.

Use the card with Curve or Revolut for free overseas spending.
  • chamelionchamelion Forumite
    375 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Wouldn't the John Lewis card be better for most people? Half a percent cashback everywhere, one percent in JL or Waitrose. Paid as vouchers three times a year. Vouchers can only be spent at JL or Waitrose.

The 0.5% wouldn't close to offset the 20%?premium shopping at jl / waitrose 😂
    5.41 kWp System, E-W. Installed Nov 2017
    Lux + 3 x 2.4kWh battery storage. Installed Mar 2020.
  • Nick_CNick_C Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    chamelion wrote: »
    The 0.5% wouldn't close to offset the 20%?premium shopping at jl / waitrose 😂

John Lewis - never knowingly undersold.

Waitrose are always sending me 20pc off vouchers. Combine them with their special offers and they can be cheaper than Aldi.
  • chisterychistery Forumite
    140 posts
    May be worth getting in the queue for Tymit or JaJa and see what happens in the next few months, if anyone is looking for a replacement card.
  • SuiDreamsSuiDreams Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

No good for me no JL or waitrose near me, Debenhams offer is better 3% in Debenhams 0.5% elsewhere paid quarterly in Debenhams vouchers.
  • gwapenutgwapenut Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Investing in Debenhams vouchers may not be as safe as ten years ago
  • gwapenutgwapenut Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭

Is curve overseas as good a rate as other MasterCards such as clarity? I know Revolut has a slight edge except at weekends
  • SuiDreamsSuiDreams Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    gwapenut wrote: »
    Investing in Debenhams vouchers may not be as safe as ten years ago

No hence why I got the Tandem and stopped using it, but will go back to using that one for now, I was told by someone I know who works in a local store that if they are doing further closures they will get 6 months notice and she will let me know. Could be a good temporary option for some.
  • chamelionchamelion Forumite
    375 posts
    ✭✭
    chistery wrote: »
    May be worth getting in the queue for Tymit or JaJa and see what happens in the next few months, if anyone is looking for a replacement card.

Neither do cashback? May as well stick to clarity.
    5.41 kWp System, E-W. Installed Nov 2017
    Lux + 3 x 2.4kWh battery storage. Installed Mar 2020.