Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

2020 a year to be mindful. - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

2020 a year to be mindful.

edited 2 January at 7:57PM in Debt Free Diaries
210 replies 10K views

Replies

• pennywisepoundstupidpennywisepoundstupid Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far today -

Enjoyed - planting some crocus bulbs in a lovely ceremic dish, I got the set for Christmas and have put them in the window in the front room that gets lots of light, they will look lovely when they bloom.

Grateful - for the sunshine on a cold day and the squirrel that was playing along lane when I went out earlier, he brought a smile to my face.

Satisfied - that I managed a good grocery shop today, store cupboards are full, vouchers used and money saved.

Dropped DD at the doctors earlier and went and put fuel in my car so £25 spent. Pottered this afternoon and tidied up the house, just need to go and make batter for toad in the hole and peel some potatoes.

BIN sold earlier on ebay so £5 to holiday pot, need to wrap it but can't find where I have put the Sellotape.
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    10.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you've had a productive day. The sunshine was lovely today, makes you feel so much better :)
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2020 £600
    Emergency Fund £5000/£10,000
    October NSD:
  • please-let-me-be-luckyplease-let-me-be-lucky Forumite
    10.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Diary and Happy New Year. Lovely to have you back Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Diary and Happy New Year. Lovely to have you back Xx

Thanks PLMBL, just need to remember to keep posting xx
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning, woke up with a major headache, don't think I drank enough yesterday so that's todays aim, trying to drink a glass of water every hour.

Pottering at home today, DH taken DD into town to get a new phone ((DD paying for it) I don't need anything so have stayed put less temptation to spend that way. Also gave DH the ebay item I sold yesterday to post so I don't need to go out at all.

£3.90 received from grocery app so that has gone into holiday pot and have listed an item on ebay, have got a few surveys to do so need to get on with them. Have taken down the last of the Christmas decs just need to put them away under the stairs.

Have some left over sausages as I didn't use all of them for toad in the hole last night so will have them with scrambled eggs and toast for lunch, need to get on with making a lasagne for tea as well.

Have a great weekend xx
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed - helping DD with her horse this afternoon and the beautiful sunset.

Grateful - for my DH who hoovered downstairs and sent me off for a snooze to try and get rid of my headache.

Satisfied - that I have done enough today, everyone is fed, clothes are clean and house is tidy.

In my thoughts are the people and animals of Australia:cry:

Checked my savings account and found £5 in Christmas account so I have transferred it across to holiday account.
  • chaniechanie Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a productive day. Well done.
    2020 savings on purchases £6303.60
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the positivity :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    5.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning.

I have no major plans for today so just going to go with the flow, Dh has taken DS to rugby training so i'm sat enjoying a cup of tea in peace whilst mooching on MSE.

Small amount of washing and ironing to do today, will get the washing pile to 0 ready for going back to work Tuesday, couple of bits to list on ebay, bathroom to wipe over and logs to bring in then i'm going to sit and read for a bit after lunch.

Rst chicken for tea tonight, not sure about pud. still have loads of chocs and biscuits left from Christmas, sticky toffee pud and choc pud in the freezer, but I'm craving a syrup sponge so might make one this afternoon.

Have a good one xx
  • please-let-me-be-luckyplease-let-me-be-lucky Forumite
    10.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Washing piles can get to 0?! :eek::eek:. I thought that was a myth :rotfl::rotfl:.

Have a lovely Sunday Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida