Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Westie983 wrote: »
    If you need posts moving, I can help you, if a new topic has been opened.

I do visit this post regularly so I will help where I can.

Westie983

It might help us all to have one new thread to contain all "RS operational and technical issues" discussion rather than separate threads each time there is a discussion on a particular product.

If it is kept active and regularly used it might also encourage questions and discussions to be diverted there to begin with rather than clogging up SS2's thread, and consequently reduce the number of posts that need to be moved around. :)

The last post on the 'official' "Regular Savings Accounts Article Discussion" thread was made on 12 October and currently appears on page 15 of the S&I threads list.... so it's not surprising that people post queries here rather than there.

Just a thought. :o
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    It's a change to their ID checking they made earlier this year. Whereas before you were required to send a cheque, they can now check that your opening deposit comes from a bank account in your name.

You won't be able to do online transfers as the account cannot be operated online.

Does that mean the opening deposit must come from the account I specified on the application? I nominated a current account, but sent the payment direct from a savings account.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 November 2017 at 7:12PM
    Options
    Principality BS has just issued a new RS paying fixed 4.00% p.a., one year term, max £250 per month.

Drat! It was really looking good until I tried to find out how to apply and discovered it seems to be available to open only in branches and agencies. I'll send them a secure message to find out if the account can be opened by post.

Update 9th Nov: Application form with £250 cheque posted on Wed 8th and the account appeared on my online account credited with £250 sometime in the afternoon of Thu 9th. But still no response to my secure message.
    Update 13th Nov: Response today from Principality to my secure message: If unable to visit a branch, print the downloadable application form and post it.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 November 2017 at 4:36PM
    Options
    pafpcg wrote: »
    Drat! It was really looking good until I tried to find out how to apply and discovered it seems to be available to open only in branches and agencies. I'll send them a secure message to find out if the account can be opened by post.

You can open it by post.

edit: It appears they have changed the wording. It definitely said it can be opened by post this morning. I even spoke to them and they confirmed it can be opened by post.

Just phoned them and he said you can definitely apply by post. Just print off the form online. He said they've removed "by post" from the details because "it gave the impression that they were sending out application packs."
  • Barney1954
    Options
    Started an application, however the conditions are:
    You do not already have a Regular eSaver
    I could not proceed with my application, as I already have Issue 5.
  • Speculator
    edited 9 November 2017 at 1:52PM
    Options
    Wow, that was quick!

Sent off my application to Cardiff for the 4% member regular saver bond yesterday afternoon and just logged in to my account and it's already opened. (matures 9/11/18)

Didn't need ID because I've been a member for over 10yrs although my last transaction was 5 years ago.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Wow, that was quick!

Sent off my application to Cardiff for the 4% member regular saver bond yesterday afternoon and just checked my online banking and it's already opened.

Didn't need ID because I've been a member for over 10yrs although my last transaction was 5 years ago.

You are lucky! I have regularly transacted with Principality, on a monthly basis, but only since Sept 2016. So I'm locked out of this one, sadly.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You are lucky! I have regularly transacted with Principality, on a monthly basis, but only since Sept 2016. So I'm locked out of this one, sadly.

I am half way through my 2nd regular saver bond so another 6 months to go before I can apply - probably a closed issue by then
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Speculator
    Options

I am lucky they didn't follow the Saffron BS policy where you need a £100 balance for a certain length of time to qualify for their special members accounts.

My balance was only £4.54
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Wow, that was quick!

Sent off my application to Cardiff for the 4% member regular saver bond yesterday afternoon and just logged in to my account and it's already opened. (matures 9/11/18)

That will teach me not to be so quick to 'tidy up' old accounts:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport