🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It's getting to the stage now where current accounts are more favourable. I've just opened the Santander 123 (hopefully, if they'll have me :o) - Cashback on my energy bill alone will cover the £2 monthly fee, extra cashback on other DD's and 3% on balances between 3k & 20k so no feeding needed, and easy access if required.

Not that I have 20k lying about......
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I have added the 3% Mansfield and Furness BS regular savings accounts to post 2. Thanks a lot to Milarky to pointing these out.

I will update this thread again next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=608697
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,226 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I have added the 3% Mansfield and Furness BS regular savings accounts to post 2. Thanks a lot to Milarky to pointing these out.

I will update this thread again next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=608697

don't forget the Derbyshire/Cheshire Platinum issue 7 launched today paying 4% plus new issue of Dunfermline Platinum saver also paying 4%.
  • dach
    dach Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Derbyshire/Cheshire Platinum issue 7 are you allowed these if you have previous issues?
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does the new Nationwide 5% current account now qualify as a Best Feeder account?
  • Special_Saver2
    edited 2 March 2013 at 10:49AM
    Options
    Thanks Speculator and blindman, I will update the list accordingly. I cannot do it right now but will do so tomorrow. I have also seen mention of a BoS Vantage account (similar to the Lloyds Vantage account) by innovate on the cash ISAs thread and I will add that too.

dach, if you look through some of the recent posts, I believe other forum members have been told that you cannot hold more than one issue at a time. (This may be a recent change as previously it was possible to have more than one issue simultaneously.)

SS2
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    blindman wrote: »
    Does the new Nationwide 5% current account now qualify as a Best Feeder account?

Common sense dictate. People should not use the a/c which pay higher interest rate than RSA as a feeder.

Unless of course you could feed RSA which pay higher than 5%, but how many of them are there on the market .... ????
  • MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    You could drip feed from the nationwide account, then top it up as and when back to the £2,500 limit, that way you meet the requirement to fund the account with £1,000 a month too.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 March 2013 at 10:02PM
    Options
    You could drip feed from the nationwide account, then top it up as and when back to the £2,500 limit, that way you meet the requirement to fund the account with £1,000 a month too.

I would rather keep £2500 in NW to get constant 5% of £2500.

If I do not have £250 monthly because I already put it in NW ac, I will reduce the monthly payment to minimum monthly requirement of RSA (e.g. £10, 25 depend on the product) and feed it from anywhere else as the RSA is paying lower than 5%.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    I have updated the thread with the items mentioned yesterday. I should point out that the issue 7 Cheshire and Derbyshire accounts in post 2 only pay 4% (instead of the 5% interest rate on the previous isssues). The very similar Dunfermline issue 1 account (see post 3) is still paying 5%.

SS2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport