Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• veryintrigued
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    Good point, thanks! How did you get round the issue?

I did order a card reader, but never thought about the card, doh!!! Better go and open current account #15 then.

I havent got around it yet! I've just left it there for the sake of a few days at higher % rate. It works out to be pence.

I'll have to do some digging on other ways (phone? or maybe via another account in case i need to withdraw quickly).

Intend to just put £1 a month in this Ulster until PO drops down further in May (assuming Ulster is still at 2.5%).

Thanks for heads up on the compo - I sent them a message via one of their forms three or so days ago (after you posted a copy of the email on here) and they have replied saying they cant deal but will send on the right department.

Basically Ive had around 10k hanging around in the ether for a couple of weeks what with withdrawing from the PO and trying to push into other (lower % accounts) before cheques clearing - when I had no need to. For people (like us who are) so diligent it hurts not to be getting any interest no matter how small!!
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'll have to do some digging on other ways (phone? or maybe via another account in case i need to withdraw quickly).
    Ulster Bank livechat says if you order a card reader, their system will be clever enough to notice you don't have a card, and you will therefore be sent a card automatically. I ordered my card about a week ago, so fingers xed it and the card will arrive soon.
    Thanks for heads up on the compo - I sent them a message via one of their forms three or so days ago (after you posted a copy of the email on here) and they have replied saying they cant deal but will send on the right department.
    Same happened to me with my complaint from Jan 3 (ref the missing timely advice of rate cut) - - - and I never heard any more! So I sent a follow up by recorded snail mail this Monday, reminding them they now had only 4 more weeks to settle my complaint to my satisfaction before it would go to the FOS. Plus I asked for an unspecified sum to compensate me for withdrawals I had made because I had believed their original advice. They called today and offered me about a tenner more than the delta between my interest on 3.17% and 2.67% for the month and a bit. I accepted their offer and they said they'd pay the money into my savings account in the next 8-10 days.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Ulster Bank livechat says if you order a card reader, their system will be clever enough to notice you don't have a card, and you will therefore be sent a card automatically. I ordered my card about a week ago, so fingers xed it and the card will arrive soon.

Same happened to me with my complaint from Jan 3 (ref the missing timely advice of rate cut) - - - and I never heard any more! So I sent a follow up by recorded snail mail this Monday, reminding them they now had only 4 more weeks to settle my complaint to my satisfaction before it would go to the FOS. Plus I asked for an unspecified sum to compensate me for withdrawals I had made because I had believed their original advice. They called today and offered me about a tenner more than the delta between my interest on 3.17% and 2.67% for the month and a bit. I accepted their offer and they said they'd pay the money into my savings account in the next 8-10 days.

Thanks for both of those - I (too) used the live chat yest and was v.impressed - I needed to know whether the regular payments were per calendar month (they are) and I thought I'd try this comms method rather than the T&Cs.

On the PO complaint - this is excellent info. I actually received 'a private number' twice in the last two days but I very rarely answer them so maybe it was them. Am guessing it was a private number too?

Thanks again Innovate - you're a real sage on here.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Here is this weekend's update:

- Swansea BS Regular Saver account withdrawn
    - Market Harborough BS Monthly SuperSaver withdrawn

I have also fixed a few broken links.

I will update this thread again either next weekend or the weekend after.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=608697
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ulster Bank livechat says if you order a card reader, their system will be clever enough to notice you don't have a card, and you will therefore be sent a card automatically.

This is exactly what happened. I ordered and got a card reader, and was automatically (and separately) also sent an "Anytime Banking Card" and a PIN to operate the card reader. So all properly set up now. Shame the interest rate's plummeting...
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I have made a quick check and I cannot find anything that has changed for this weekend's update.

I will update this thread again next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=608697
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I an aware that eRegular Saver from N&P, one could only have during the lifetime of the product. I just tried my luck and a few days got I already got information that my eRegular saving is open.

What I did is.
    - Close the old one and transfer all of the balance to my other AC.
    - Send them message through internet banking to close the account
    - I watch until it was fully closed.
    - Loading a fresh online application for eSaver
    - Few days later, got confirmation that the ac is open
    - Happy days the clock for $% interest restart again.

This is the third time I have eSaver account. So you guys could try it and I believe the chance to get it is quite high.
    -
  • huw01
    huw01 Posts: 350 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    0.1 better than anything else I can find at the moment (open to all)

http://www.westbrom.co.uk/westbrom/savings.category?id=92
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BAH, another "Branch only" one.......:(
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    BAH, another "Branch only" one.......:(
    Don't you fancy a nice trip to West Brom? Where's your sense of adventure :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure