Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Here is this weekend's update.

- Saffron BS regular saver now available to everybody, not just locals (in fact I changed the entry on page 1 of this thread earlier this week when I saw Milarky's post)

- Barnsley BS Online Saver Account (Issue 2) added to post 9 (the feeder section). I became aware of this account thanks to this thread. Barnsley BS merged with Yorkshire BS hence the similarities between their online accounts. The Barnsley BS Online Saver is just like the Yorkshire BS Internet Saver, i.e. you can nominate 12 external accounts and set up transfers to those accounts. The only differences between the Barnsley and Yorkshire BS accounts are that the Barnsley account pays a higher interest rate (2.5% instead of Yorkshire's 2.1%) and it does not come with a LINK card (unlike the Yorkshire BS account)

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
  • arsenalboy
    Options
    Just to let you know that I have successfully applied via post for the issue 11 Principality regular saver.
    I have received passbooks in post this morning. I have applied for all the previous issues by post as I live nowhere near Wales!!
    Have they treated me as an existing or regular customer?

Having said all that there is nothing on their website to say they will not accept postal applications?
    Previously you would click the link, fill in application, print it off and send with cheque.
    This time I downloaded a general application form and filled it in and sent it with cheque.
    Hope that helps.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    Just to let you know that I have successfully applied via post for the issue 11 Principality regular saver.
    I have received passbooks in post this morning. I have applied for all the previous issues by post as I live nowhere near Wales!!
    Having just read the account terms and conditions page I think you're right - there is nothing to say the account may not be opened by post.

http://www.principality.co.uk/PDF/General_Savings_Application.pdf
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • premierfella
    Options
    Milarky wrote: »
    Having just read the account terms and conditions page I think you're right - there is nothing to say the account may not be opened by post.

http://www.principality.co.uk/PDF/General_Savings_Application.pdf

True, but it is covered in the summary box:
    http://www.principality.co.uk/default.aspx?page=1619
    Applications via branch only but once opened your Bond can be operated in branch or by post.

However, its good to hear that the branches are opening the account rather than simply returning the application paperwork.
  • arsenalboy
    Options
    the only thing I wasn't certain of when I filled in the application was the wording at the bottom of the last page. This was prompts to the Principality staff member to ask certain things during the "appointment". This inferred it was branch only. If they are happy (in my case anyway) to still entertain postal applications, I don't know why they withdrew the previous process?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dear arsenalboy

Good News you for you information. Indeed, there is not any in their website mentioning that you could not apply via post.

What is good about Principality, because they allow you to pay £500.00 instead of just £250.00 many RSA.

Has anyone else successfully applied via post ?

ADINDAS

Having said all that there is nothing on their website to say they will not accept postal applications?
    Previously you would click the link, fill in application, print it off and send with cheque.
    This time I downloaded a general application form and filled it in and sent it with cheque.
    Hope that helps.
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I will mention that on this emoneyfacts page, it says:
    ...regular savings account which has now been restricted to branch applications
    and the Principality BS website has removed the details of how to apply by post so I think arsenalboy was lucky to open one by post. Being an existing account holder must definitely have helped. I will update my entry on page 1 of this thread with the extra info, thanks.

SS2
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Hope that helps.

Did you send it to the Head Office or did you send it to any old branch?
  • arsenalboy
    Options
    I always use the main address in Cardiff ie., Queen Street, hope that helps.
  • Jimbob98
    Jimbob98 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    apologies if its been asked before but is it possible for a couple to open a RS account? ie me and my fiance who currently live at different addresses. My bank dont seem to allow for this
    Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport