🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Svelte for Valentines Day :lovethoug

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thank you everyone :D

I am eating she only arrived 4-15am Friday :eek:

She is behaving we learning toilet at the moment she likes the rain wind and cold unlike her mummy :D

Tomorrow I will be at work so hope she behaves :cool:

Yes my boys won at footie so had a good weekend :j
  • majorica
    majorica Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh, haven't had a minute to myself this weekend , all good though, I'm going to be a gran come the summer so been pram shopping etc.

Couldn't read and run though as I see you have a new dog tweets :T
    I'm so happy for you, your house will be a home again.:heart2::heart2:
    Where did you get her from?
  • tweets
    Options
    majorica wrote: »
    Oh, haven't had a minute to myself this weekend , all good though, I'm going to be a gran come the summer so been pram shopping etc.

Couldn't read and run though as I see you have a new dog tweets :T
    I'm so happy for you, your house will be a home again.:heart2::heart2:
    Where did you get her from?

Congratulations on being a gran :j:j:j

She a Rommie a Romanian Rescue :j:j:j
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,943 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done tweets, another fab loss. No time to eat running after Rosie? :D.

Bubbs your creations look yummy as usual :T.

Abbafan in my group the leader does the new member talk in a corner of the hall whilst the rest of us pay and get weighed. And then eat lunch :rotfl:. Perhaps she does not have enough people on her social team? Or is she newish? Don’t think I would be very impressed having to sit thru the talk regularly. I would chat to fellow members and if no joy the lady herself to clear things up.

Denise I now have a mental pic of you sitting on a middle piece of sofa with no ends ;) Things we do to save money :money:.

Hope Penny is ok too and hasn’t run away :cool:.

Poundsinbucks x

Yes, she's a new consultant and in my old group, there was a little corner where the newbies would get the new members talk.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,671.53
  • majorica
    majorica Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Congratulations on being a gran :j:j:j

She a Rommie a Romanian Rescue :j:j:j

Aww, lovely so is mine, she joined our home in July and has come on in leaps and bounds I love her to bits, it's nerve wracking waiting though isn't it? The journey they have to go through to get here. What age is she, our Luna is 17months now.

Sorry not SW related :o
  • tweets
    Options
    majorica wrote: »
    Aww, lovely so is mine, she joined our home in July and has come on in leaps and bounds I love her to bits, it's nerve wracking waiting though isn't it? The journey they have to go through to get here. What age is she, our Luna is 17months now.

Sorry not SW related :o

She was born September 20th 2019 . It was nerve wracking waiting and that long journey they take. Have you a photo please ?

Good Morning :hello:
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Morning all. Beautiful sunny day here but it won’t last as storm Brendan is on the way.
    Had some incentive to really crack on with sw this weekend - a family wedding in April and we’ve booked a holiday in July to Spain. Definitely focus’s the mind and I want those £5’S for a few new holiday bits.
    Today’s menu looks like this :-
    He a bob milk
    He a babybel
    He b wm roll
    B banana
    L egg mayo sandwich (3) satsuma and quark with skinny syrup
    D mayflower (4) turkey - LO from Christmas - and SW chips
    Snacks grapes and babybels, apple
    Love the mayflower sauce, I make it with onions, mushrooms and peas

I’ve also been book buying this weekend. I bought the 2CC’s one and Feed Your Family For £20 Per Week. Both are very good and I have to confess at laughing whilst reading the boys book - hysterical and just my sense of humour. Great ideas in both books and I will be doing at least one new meal a week from them. I will report back how they turn out.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,619 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    A lovely day here too MM but very cold with the wind. I didn't know the CC boys had a book out. I love some of their recipes but must admit haven't looked on their website recently. What is the Feed Your Family for £20 a week like? Any of the recipes adaptable to SW? Perhaps you could post some of them if they're any good.

Today's plan:

B - Welsh rarebit - bread HEB; cheese HEA; mustard powder, Worcester sauce F; egg P
    L - Mixed veg soup (using a bag of HM ratatouille whizzed up - just hope it's not too tomatoey as not keen on tomato soup!) - tomatoes, onions, courgettes, carrots, garlic (not sure what else is in it!) all Speed
    D - corned beef hash - corned beef 2; onions S; potatoes, beans F

HEA - milk
    HEA - cheese
    HEB - bread
    Syns - corned beef 2; nothing else planned

A bit of damage limitation needed after the weekend - just worked it out and I've got about 12 syns per day from today until Wednesday so far more syns than I'm likely to need!

Denise
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    DENISE, the FYF book is good basic food/cooking. I picked it up more for the budgeting rather than the diet. It has an 8 week plan in it that will cost £160 if you stick to it - that is for 4 people. Not all suitable for SW but adaptable. I will post recipes but want to try them out before recommending them.
    The CC book has 100 recipes in it, 10 best loved from the website and 90 new ones. The usual warnings about their humour should apply but it isn’t quite as cheeky as the blog iykwim.
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon everyone,

Congratulations Majorca on impending new nannyness

Tete, Rosie is absolutely adorable. Just look at that face! My friend adopted a Rommie last year, who has also come on leaps and bounds (having been leaping and bounding over 6ft fences to run wild across the Lincolnshire countryside shortly after arrival!)

Tweets what a fab loss!

Abbafan congrats on the loss!

I did a roast yesterday too, and there's plenty left over for roast #2 today

I have to confess I bought a small low GI rustic WM round loaf from Lidl on Saturday. Big mistake! It lasted 2 days, but it wasn't possible to cut it thinly, so that's where my weekend syns went!

Today's plan:
    B - banana, alpen light (4)
    L - porridge HEB, milk from HEA & water. sugar (1); jelly, nectarine, satsuma & cream (3)
    D - LO roast chicken dinner, carrots, sprouts, peas, cauliflower, potoatoes. yorkie (3)
    snack - if I need it will be slices of ham, or some 0% greek yogurt

Denise, I had visions of you sat on a wonky tilted end of a sofa, clinging onto an arm to stay on it! :D
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills