Keep calm and carry on....

Comments

• I've changed so much during this journey and rarely impulse buy now, in fact I usually take so long weighing up a purchase, it's sold out or I forget about it.  Sometimes though even stuff we actually need, I cringe at buying and it takes DH to say !!!!!!, just get it, we NEED it.  
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 4,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks both :) LOL at things selling out DFOD, I've had that too! Note to self: You really do NEED a new hairbrush, just because you used to be able to get them from Wilko for 99p and now they're £2.99 everywhere doesn't make it any less necessary. You've researched long enough and they're the same price everywhere (and on that note, you really must get your hair cut)

Right, so after that telling off of myself....

Urgh, work. Tiring day. Not any one thing in particular, just one of those days where everyone wants a bit of South Coast and I couldn't settle to anything. So one of those days where I get a little bit more behind and only get little snippets of work done and not the really important things. Am sure tomorrow will be better, but in the meantime jaffa cakes and vodka are helping *sigh*

In brighter news, Project £36 is going well :) I nicked £6.11 out of the grocery budget to make the OP at the weekend, so £36.32/£36.00 (no, I can't work out the 32p either, but that's what I needed to get it to a round number), then today .... drumroll please .... £32.50 credit on my car insurance, so am now at £68.82/£36.00. Not bad after making such an inauspicious start with 8p. Feels like a bit of a cheat including the £32.50, but it's money I wasn't expecting to have so I'm counting it. So a further £25 OP made today

Whoops, just noticed the time - better do something about dinner. It's a good job I don't have kids/pets - they'd be ravenous while I was messing about on MFW :#
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • South_coast
    Forumite
    Bought lunch today, but paid with a gift card earned from Huyu so transferred the £3.00 from the grocery budget as I would have spent that if I didn't have the gift card. Project £36 now £71.82/£36.00

Much, much mulling over during the last couple of days, and have just reduced my pension contributions 4%, which it seems is the lowest I can go. I know this is frowned upon here and it's definitely not the most financially beneficial plan in the long term, but I need to get this mortgage cleared and the refurb done as soon as possible so I can get on with my new life. There's no point paying into a pension if I'm not going to be around/in a fit state to get the benefit. So there we are, decision made and I think it will kick in for March salary. Wonder if BF will notice if I start to go a bit hardcore in other areas? 

• South_coast
    Forumite
    P.S. In amongst all that, the neighbour that took in my clothes delivery has come round, moaning that they took in my clothes delivery: 
    Neighbour: I was expecting you to come and pick it up
    Me: I did come and knock the door when I got home at 6.30pm. I don't think you were in?
    Neighbour: What you should do is get it delivered to your work
    Me (thinking now, instead of saying it out loud): *But then I get nosy-parker colleagues asking what I've got/passing judgement that I'm shopping etc*
    Neighbour: The driver was just going to leave it outside
    Me (thinking again): *Why did you offer to take it in then, if you were just going to moan about it*
    Me (out loud now): Well thank you for taking it in, I really appreciate it 
    Neighbour: *storms off*

Well that's taken the shine off my new clothes  :(

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,810
    Forumite
    What a horrid neighbour! I'm always happy to take parcels in for my neighbours in case I'd need them to take one in for me. I hope when you put on your lovely new clothes the mean neighbour memory fades away! :)
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40,
  • South_coast
    Forumite
    LOL, thanks both (where's that rolling on the floor laughing emoji when you need it???) :) Fortunately our paths don't cross very often, but those are very good suggestions! 

• I have been known to wear underwear that may have a few air holes rather than purchase new pairs. 
    Grumpy neighbour! 
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • South_coast
    Forumite
    £50 spent last night on a very enjoyable evening with BF <3 Didn't really have the money to pay for it though, so have just been robbing the grocery and petrol pots - and that's before I try on the clothes later and know the damage on that. I already know I need to find £15 for the top I wore last night (reduced from £32 :#), so more creative accounting needed (or more likely, nicking it out of next month's budget) but BF actually complimented me on what I was wearing, which is a very unusual event and definitely £15 well spent in my eyes! 

£5.00 in from Vypr so now £76.82/£36.00 :)

Quiet day today I think, bit of grocery shopping on my way back to my place, then hunker down away from the weather. Waking to town to get a new hairbrush will have to wait for another time (again)!

• South_coast
    Forumite
    Car insurance renewal has arrived - £648.43 😯 While this *is* a ridiculous amount, it's down on last year and a lot less than the £750 I've got set aside, so have celebrated this small-yet-painful win with a £100 OP. Will do the comparison merry-go-round tomorrow and see if there's anything I can add to that

Current balance £30,376.02 😀

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback