Keep calm and carry on....

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,812
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yay for free pizza!! We went to my parents for tea and they also did pizza! :smiley:
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40,
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 4,792
    Forumite
    I LOVE pizza 😍 It's my food achilles heel.... I have it every Friday night, then if we're eating out I'll almost always have it during the week just in case I don't have it on Friday 😀 BF and I went to Rome a few years ago - pizza, pasta, risotto, gelato....I was in heaven!

And I wonder why I'm bursting out of my clothes....😯
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,812
    Forumite
    Omg that sounds amazing!! Pizza is also my fav, we have it once a week too and maybe a pizza sub for lunch at the weekend. :)
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40,
  • South_coast
    Forumite
    Finally made it into town to collect my hairdryer (long story, but I ended up having to re-order it - which worked out £2.75 in my favour). It's looking more run-down than ever (the town centre, not my new hairdryer), Subway and H&M have both closed since I last was there, which I don't think was THAT long ago. We can definitely afford to drop a Subway (there were 4 😮!), but I'm surprised by H&M. 

Thanks to the tip-off from newgirly, I also went into Primark to look for a hairbrush but they didn't have the type I need. Boots did, but it was £6 (£6 for a hairbrush 😮 and I need 3!!! - and that wasn't even the most expensive) so back to the drawing board on that one 😦

I have been gifted a load of random (and mostly opened) alcohol. So I don't go mad with it, I've assigned a value to each bottle based on what it's selling for in Sainsbury's and how much is left in the bottle. If I want access to one, I need to "buy" it by transferring that amount into the mortgage holding account. Have just paid myself £7.20 for 60% of a bottle of Tia Maria (it's on offer at the moment 😂) and may just enjoy a glass in a bit, after doing the washing up. But first job is to transfer the money into the correct account, as typing this has just made me realise I've sent it to the wrong one - idiot! Once it's in the right place, that should allow me to make a £25 OP 

Today I am grateful for internet banking....😂!

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,663
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 17 December 2020 at 5:34PM
    Wilkos or Superdrug for hairbrushes? x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • South_coast
    Forumite
    Tried both of those, also more than I want to pay 😢 Just need to suck it up I think....

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,862
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    You did make me laugh selling yourself booze, the lengths we go to sometimes in order to op, normal people would think it crazy 😆
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 15 completed and on track 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • South_coast
    Forumite
    I figured I'd be buying it anyway, so I'd be no worse off! 

Right, have ordered hairbrushes from eBay. Not quite what I'd normally get, but £2.34 each, 1% TCB and 7 Nectar points 😂 Also a UK seller, so should arrive this week and I can stop thinking about b****y hairbrushes!  

• South_coast
    Forumite
    Struggling this morning, there are lots of things I should be doing but don't have any motivation to do any of them.

Drew up a list of little bits of work I wanted to do to get a head-start on the week, but realistically this is about 4 hours' work (which means probably 8 hours in the office by the time all the distractions are factored in, but even that's not motivating me). There is one person I emailed last Sunday when I also shouldn't have been working and promised them an update "by this time next week", so I absolutely have to do that, but beyond that may just do a couple of tiny tasks. Might feel more enthused once I've logged on. 

Beyond that, I have some bits of housework to get done, I really have to finish trying on the rest of that clothes parcel and send the rest back (I already know the skirts are too short to be decent for work 😯), and just need to try and motivate myself a bit. I seem to spend Monday-Friday powering through work with too much to do and not enough sleep, Friday night celebrating that I've made it to the weekend, Saturday not wanting to do anything because it's the weekend, then Sunday trying to catch up on what I should have done on Saturday and pretending I don't have to go back to work the next day. Think I need a holiday 😦 Have requested the 4 days after Easter, but that's almost 2 months away 😯 Do have some odd days booked in March, so trying to focus on that. 

Sorry, it was better when I was talking about hairbrushes....

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback