Keep calm and carry on....

Options

Comments

• South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 4,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    £62.99 spent adding an extra night to a UK trip (leisure!) I am doing later in the year. Should get about £1.50 TCB as well
    £7.64 spent on ebay, should get 10p TCB :rotfl:
    My ebay item where last week's buyer was "hacked" has a bid again and ends this evening - hopefully the buyer will pay this time
    Told CP about an item purchased using the Amazon gift card I earned from S&S
    Have enough points to cash out on both CP and S&S, but Amazon are out of stock at the moment on S&S and don't know what to get from CP (Amazon not an option). First world problems!

That's more like it :D
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That sounds hard work! Hope you are having a rest this weekend :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    I have guilt about wine consumption... on my days off, when it's not a school night so to speak. But I work in a profession that sees all the nasties. I nag my husband... I am not quite ready to go AF as we have an all inclusive holiday in June and my husband would sulk a lot :o Anyhow reducing to twicw a month would be great :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • South_coast
    Options
    I know MFD's, I like to feel I am getting my money's worth. BF and I have c30 bottles of wine we have paid 50/50 for and I don't think I could let that go! And then there's the spirits and liqueurs....that's probably £200 of "stock" :o

Moderation is the answer I think, just need to learn to pace myself so I can keep a sensible head

• South_coast
    Options
    Slept until 8.00 am :D This is practically unheard-of, as am tending to wake earlier and earlier. Although met someone through work this week who said he only got 5 hours a week :eek: (and he didn't look very tired). Could not cope with that.

Was planning on walking into town for a couple of bits today, but cba so a bit of stuff around the house and a bit of reading for me today I think.

Have a great Sunday all

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm so glad that we never really got into the wine thing, despite how nice it all sounds! Mrs SJ likes a gin and has several flavours but they're long drinks with plenty of mixer so not as deadly! Beer only for me and in truth I can take it or leave it. If there's a good buffet on then I always opt to drive so that I can eat more!!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    No that’s cool. I understand that. Rant away when needed.
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hello South coast! Have just read your diary from the start :) OH and I are semi non drinkers nowadays - in that we really can take it or leave it. I drink probably less than a bottle of wine/ year (2019 probably drank maybe 2.5 - we had 2 family weddings!) We also have a lot of wine in - now down to around 2 dozen bottles of red, half a dozen rose, 2 white and a couple of bottles of sparking varieties. The reds tend to be min £10 in value, up to £20... I get through them slowly in cooking nowadays! - I have been called a heathen for using a £15 bottle of something French to poach some pears in!:rotfl:

Anyway, back to job:mortgage, If your job pays well enough to allow you to do everything comfortably, it's down to you as to whether that pay off is enough for the next couple of years to enable you to be MF. (My view is that a couple of years of annoyance as opposed to physical/ mental health issues arising form the job (I think it's just annoyance?) is most probably worth it for the end goal :) Being MF gives choices :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • South_coast
    Options
    Thanks greent, that's really cheered me up. It WILL bring choices and I can't wait :D

Better week this week, still 13 hours in the car, one 5.00am alarm and about 5 hours working in the evenings, but only 8.5 hours of meetings. I was able to do some of that "getting work done" stuff, which is often surprisingly elusive.

Still had way too much to drink last night though and ended up upsetting myself about work and in tears (there is an ongoing situation which I am really upset about and allowed myself to dwell on for too long - tears probably more down to the drink than the thinking about work, plus I was home alone whereas BF would have told me to pull myself together before it got out of hand)
    So feeling a bit gloomy this morning (although fortunately not hungover). Rather than feel sorry for myself, thought I'd try and do something positive about the situation and have scraped together £25 to OP this morning from the dregs of the grocery budget, some money from selling something on Amazon I forgot I even had for sale, the We Buy B00ks parcel and the spending money for a trip later in the year :p Now that £25 is not much in the context of the £32k, but if my maths is right it should save me 5p per month in interest. Little acorns and all that :rotfl:
    And on Monday I get my wage slip, so can spend the evening plotting how much of it I can OP and will be very happy with work for approx 12 hours

Plans for the weekend: Don't spend any money, as I have only left myself 76p until payday :eek:! Should be fine though, as the only thing I can think of that I need is a couple of bananas....will no doubt remember something else in a minute!

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear work is upsetting you South Coast and I really hope things improve for you asap. xxx
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback