No Craft Spending in 2020 - I will bust my stash this year!!!

Options

Comments

• loopychriss
    Options
    Just one more for me today, another fiddle mat knitted and decorated.

43/100
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've been trying to work on my upcoming cards; I need a birthday card for a friend, 2 for my dad, a Valentine's card and an anniversary card. I have started the friends birthday card, just need to die cut a happy birthday and put an insert in (always the inserts let me down!), I've also started one of my dad's cards, just need to assemble the pieces on a card blank with a window cut out. I have ideas for Valentine's and anniversary, but as it's 3rd anniversary, I need to find some leather to make a topper with. There's a recycling shop nearby that had some offcuts in, so I will buy one offcut with enough space to try a couple of due cuts, as I've never done any mixed media work! Hopefully it will be cheap, and I'll have less left over than if I bought a sheet new.
    I still need another idea for a card for my dad , but I'm pretty sure I've got something, I just need to decide if I'm doing a fancy fold card (probably the new one I did for my friend!).
    Once I've got these done, I'll be officially off the starting block!! I have done some more work on my applique square, but I'm waiting for some junk mail to make a template from, as nothing else is big enough, and I'm not wasting good supplies on a template. I'm really looking forward to starting the embroidery on it, I enjoyed embroidery when I was at school, but haven't done any since.
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

61/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • loopychriss
    Options
    Sounds like you're going to be busy emsi_b!!

Yesterday I finished knitting and decorating yet another fiddle mat. I seem to be obsessed with making these: maybe it's because I can sit on the sofa watching TV and use up lots of 'bits' on them.

43/100

• craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just one more for me today, another fiddle mat knitted and decorated.

43/100

Go you destashing is great especially when you get rid of it that quickly as you don't have a chance to change your mind :j:j:j (like I may have done in the past :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:) and well done on finishing even more fiddle mats.

You are going to smash your total with months to spare I think :j:j:j
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    emsi_b wrote: »
    I've been trying to work on my upcoming cards; I need a birthday card for a friend, 2 for my dad, a Valentine's card and an anniversary card. I have started the friends birthday card, just need to die cut a happy birthday and put an insert in (always the inserts let me down!), I've also started one of my dad's cards, just need to assemble the pieces on a card blank with a window cut out. I have ideas for Valentine's and anniversary, but as it's 3rd anniversary, I need to find some leather to make a topper with. There's a recycling shop nearby that had some offcuts in, so I will buy one offcut with enough space to try a couple of due cuts, as I've never done any mixed media work! Hopefully it will be cheap, and I'll have less left over than if I bought a sheet new.
    I still need another idea for a card for my dad , but I'm pretty sure I've got something, I just need to decide if I'm doing a fancy fold card (probably the new one I did for my friend!).
    Once I've got these done, I'll be officially off the starting block!! I have done some more work on my applique square, but I'm waiting for some junk mail to make a template from, as nothing else is big enough, and I'm not wasting good supplies on a template. I'm really looking forward to starting the embroidery on it, I enjoyed embroidery when I was at school, but haven't done any since.

I love a good plan and that sounds like a brilliant one to keep you busy for a while and stop you thinking of stash busting :j:j:j

I cannot wait to hear all about your creations :T:T:T

Good luck :):):)
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    I'm declaring a further 5 makes for January taking my total up to 178/2020 :j:j:j

Still a long way to go but I've not bought any more stash so far which is the main thing and I've made it through a whole month :j:j:j
    Well done everyone for reaching this milestone - lets see how long we can all keep it up :T:T:T

So I've made 50 care cards (small postcards for a custom order). These used up 8 sheets of cardstock a cello bag to pack them in but I'm counting them as one make.

3 different designs of stickers (9 sheets in total gone from my stash)

A 50th Survival kit for my husband made using little bits I had lying around in my craft room.

I've got a long list of things to make for his birthday which is this coming Friday so I better get a move on and hopefully move my total in the right direction before his big day :eek::eek::eek:

I really cannot believe I've managed a whole month without spending anything on craft - I'm sure I've never managed it before so thank you to all of you for keeping me on the straight and narrow -long may it continue :T:T:T

I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your February stash busting efforts :D:D:D
  • Wraithlady
    Options
    Declaring another make - completed a cross-stitch which I found whilst clearing out the bedroom (which makes it at least 8 years old), I used up some embroidery thread so it counts. Might use it as part of a notebook-cover, but at the moment it's being flattened due to being in a hoop for 8 years.

I confess to buying some interfacing, mainly as I still can't access my fabric store, but I only bought 1 metre and I'll be using it to make the waistcoats for OH's birthday present.

2 down, 23 to go
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • loopychriss
    Options
    Thanks craftingmad, I think I might reach my total in 3 months, in which case I'll have to up it!!!

Just one for me today, a sewn one this time, so used a some fabric, lots of ribbon bits, buttons, beads and a bell.

44/100

• nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Made some labels for bottles.

Made a cushion cover and used a middle.

I have more that I need to make but haven’t got round to.

I’ve made a massive dessert today which I’m counting as I rarely bake.

17 / 400

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    On Friday I painted another tile taking my January total to 8/52.
    No photo of Fridays time yet but here is the last one now it has been fired https://pin.it/rxjn2ryruj5s3x

Off to Aldi in half hour I craft stuff is new in the middle aisle. I will not buy anything, I will not buy anything, I will not buy anything. Going to have to keep telling myself that all the way round the shop :)
    Zebras rock
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure