No Craft Spending in 2020 - I will bust my stash this year!!!

Options

Comments

• craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "I cannot wait to hear all about your sewing makes loopychriss "

Well.....it took me about 3 hours to sew a fiddle mat, with lots of ribbons, a little pocket and various buttons on it. I don't think it's any quicker than doing the knitted ones, and it certainly isn't as neat! It will still serve its purpose though. Think I prefer knitting them, I'm halfway through another one.

Not really in a sewing mood, but I will keep the sewing machine out for a few days just in case!

40/100

I bet the person who gets it will love it loopychriss :T:T:T
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    I'm declaring another 13 makes:j:j:j

I've made 5 mini seed packs(not much stash used but I'm counting them as my target is ridiciously high!) :D:D:D

4 Angels In Pocket Keyring Charms

4 cards (actually my son made one for his friends party he went to yesterday but as he used my stash I'm still counting it as technically it has gone from my stash) :D:D:D

So my total now stands at 140/2020 :j:j:j
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You are a crafting machine CraftingMad.

Today is a work day for me, but it is being a stressful one (forcing myself to take a short lunch break), so I might need to craft tonight. Maybe needle felting, imagining I'm stabbing someone in the head instead of stabbing wool :)
    Zebras rock
  • loopychriss
    Options
    Monday saw me at the sewing machine for a couple of hours, so I'm getting quicker! I made an adult version of a taggy blanket with lots of ribbon tags and lots of buttons to fiddle with. It's a prototype and came out better than the one I made the other day. I also finished knitting another one, so that got decorated and finished too. So another 2 for my total.

42/100
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Craftingmad and Loopychriss, you are both crafting machines! I haven't had a chance to upload the photos of this weekend's makes, but will hopefully do that this evening.
    Nothing else to report, but hoping to get ahead and craft some cards to have ready made if needed. Hopefully will do that one evening this week.
    Also have niece's 17th birthday coming up, so will need to make a card for her from me and OH and a card off LO too. Plus want to make a valentine's day card for OH too. So I have plenty to keep me busy!
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • craftingmad
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    You are a crafting machine CraftingMad.

Today is a work day for me, but it is being a stressful one (forcing myself to take a short lunch break), so I might need to craft tonight. Maybe needle felting, imagining I'm stabbing someone in the head instead of stabbing wool :)

Aww thank you but I'm not. I just love crafting and cheat by making little things :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry to hear today has been stressful. I hope you are home now and enjoying some stress busting and stash busting crafting activities :):):)
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Monday saw me at the sewing machine for a couple of hours, so I'm getting quicker! I made an adult version of a taggy blanket with lots of ribbon tags and lots of buttons to fiddle with. It's a prototype and came out better than the one I made the other day. I also finished knitting another one, so that got decorated and finished too. So another 2 for my total.

42/100

Well done loopychriss :T

They always say practice makes perfect and I bet they will be much loved by the receipients :):):)
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Eyebright wrote: »
    Craftingmad and Loopychriss, you are both crafting machines! I haven't had a chance to upload the photos of this weekend's makes, but will hopefully do that this evening.
    Nothing else to report, but hoping to get ahead and craft some cards to have ready made if needed. Hopefully will do that one evening this week.
    Also have niece's 17th birthday coming up, so will need to make a card for her from me and OH and a card off LO too. Plus want to make a valentine's day card for OH too. So I have plenty to keep me busy!

Thank you :):):)

You sound like you have a great plan to bust your stash and have reminded me that as well as my OH's birthday card I also need to make him a valentines day card too :D:D:D
  • craftingmad
    Options
    I've been busy with orders these last couple of day and am so pleased to declare a further 33 makes towards my total :j:j:j

These are 15 notebooks (lots of spiral bindings used up which is great as they take up a lot of room and 15 sheets of cardstock together with lots of copier paper and 15 pens (I only printed the inserts in these but it took up some paper so I'm counting them).

25 business cards - 3 sheets of cardstock used and 3 laminating sheets (counting s one make as seems a but of a cheat if not)

An order book -another spiral binding and cardstock sheet used

Affirmation cards - 4 sheets of cardstock, a plastic box and 4 laminating sheets gone from my stash :j:j:j

So my total now stands at 173/2020 :j:j:j
  • loopychriss
    Options
    Thanks craftingmad, I hope so. We make them for the local hospital operating theatre, to calm anxious patients or those with dementia. So I hope the recipients will like them, they get to keep them too and take them home.

Nothing from me today, been doing a bit of knitting that's all, but nothing finished. I have however decluttered a desk and sorted out the 3 drawers of stuff in it. Posted it on local free site, and it was out of the house by 5.30!! :j
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure