SSDD23 4/15 NXw3UtD.gif
    Thistimearound 2/12 NXw3UtD.gif
    Vanlady 2/12 NXw3UtD.gif
    Wishus 1/10 NXw3UtD.gif
    :j ALL WELCOME TO JOIN!! :j
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • shopaholicnumber1
    Options
    Oh it's not good this month :( ... had a NSD on Friday (as I don't count standard, budgeted weekly groceries. Saturday I was at the hairdresser and Sunday I finished off the Christmas shopping pretty much. Both of these were budgeted (as I budget for absolutely everything!) but I won't count these as NSD's. So its the 9th of the month and I'm only on 4 NSD's ... dismal effort! On the up side, I should get a couple in this week (works "lunch do" on Wednesday so will need to pay for that, and need some batteries for the oustide lights but fingers crossed that it is this week!). Am so impressed with those of you (you know who you are Beanie!) who are managing so many NSD's - well done you! :beer:
    Mortgage: £81,154.58 (03/19) - £54,849 (02/24)
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,460 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh it's not good this month :( ... had a NSD on Friday (as I don't count standard, budgeted weekly groceries. Saturday I was at the hairdresser and Sunday I finished off the Christmas shopping pretty much. Both of these were budgeted (as I budget for absolutely everything!) but I won't count these as NSD's. So its the 9th of the month and I'm only on 4 NSD's ... dismal effort! On the up side, I should get a couple in this week (works "lunch do" on Wednesday so will need to pay for that, and need some batteries for the oustide lights but fingers crossed that it is this week!). Am so impressed with those of you (you know who you are Beanie!) who are managing so many NSD's - well done you! :beer:
    shopaholicnumber1, I always think a helpful way to tackle this challenge is to split the month into 3 lots of 10 days and divvy up your target accordingly. So if you're aiming to do 15 NSDs, you'd do 5 NSDs in the first 10 days, another five in the middle 10 days of the month and then another five in the last 10 days. That way you avoid letting them all bunch up at the end of the month and running out of month. We're on day 9 and you've already got 4 NSDs under your belt. So you're pretty much bang on target. Even if tomorrow is not an NSD, you can catch up pretty easily, especially if you have more NSDs planned in the coming few days. I think you're doing fine! xx :A And well done on NSD number 4! :) :T:T
  • delta13
    delta13 Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today is not an NSD for me! Hadn't anticipated spending today but I had to go to the walk in this morning, felt very sorry for myself afterwards and fancied a treat. At least instead of buying something that would rot my teeth or mind, I got something I have needed/ wanted for a while - a haircut!

Oh well. I won't be spending anything tomorrow at least - left over curry for lunch, and I won't be going out in the evenings at all because I'm on the early shifts in work this week - a 5am alarm is enough to put anyone off a late evening out!
    Save £12k in 2022 = £3705.97/ £7,500 (49%)
    Save £12k in 2021 #76 = £11,857.21/ £10,000 (118%)

• Vanlady
    Vanlady Posts: 148 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whoop whoop NSD today for me:j.
    I took dm to morries and waited out in the car for her to avoid temptation.....except I did a sneaky peek in to see if they still had any of their large boxes of clems at £2, but they'd all gone, so bagged myself a nsd.
    So, that's 3/12 for me.

Cathybird, love your method of splitting nsd into the month!
  • cathybird
    Options
    delta13 wrote: »
    Today is not an NSD for me! Hadn't anticipated spending today but I had to go to the walk in this morning, felt very sorry for myself afterwards and fancied a treat. At least instead of buying something that would rot my teeth or mind, I got something I have needed/ wanted for a while - a haircut!

Oh well. I won't be spending anything tomorrow at least - left over curry for lunch, and I won't be going out in the evenings at all because I'm on the early shifts in work this week - a 5am alarm is enough to put anyone off a late evening out!

delta13, treats are good in my book! However, 5am alarms are not :eek:
  • cathybird
    Options
    Vanlady wrote: »
    Whoop whoop NSD today for me:j.
    I took dm to morries and waited out in the car for her to avoid temptation.....except I did a sneaky peek in to see if they still had any of their large boxes of clems at £2, but they'd all gone, so bagged myself a nsd.
    So, that's 3/12 for me.

Cathybird, love your method of splitting nsd into the month!

Well done Vanlady :) :T:T and thanks - I honestly find it really helpful!
  • cathybird
    Options
    Definitely an NSD for me, I am at home and the hatches are battened down, no way I'm going out again or spending anything, quiet night in for me. :)
  • Optimistic_Saver
    Options
    Another NSD for me yesterday - but not today as needed to post a birthday present for my niece. So 6/20 and as determined as ever to stay away from online and shop spending. May the NSD Force be with us all this week....:D
    June NSDs: 2/15
  • cathybird
    Options
    Another NSD for me yesterday - but not today as needed to post a birthday present for my niece. So 6/20 and as determined as ever to stay away from online and shop spending. May the NSD Force be with us all this week....:D

Well done Optimistic Saver :) :T:T and indeed may the NSD force be with us :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport