PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th October 2019

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Sanity lists, Round, you and me both :hello:.

A couple of bits of ironing have been seen off before they make a mountain. Towels are in the wm. Order has been restored to the bedroom although I’m not sure why that had to be necessary. Clean clothes folded and sorted into piles for others to put away.
    A paperwork frog was munched yesterday although it meant that I did little else. Baby paperwork frogs are still croaking in the corner but I’m not sure that I’m going to deal with them today.
    DH has gone out for most of the day to meet his sister. I might take this opportunity to have a flingage session in the ex RoD which is already getting cluttered up. Its overhaul hasn't even been finished yet for goodness sake.
    Just going to finish my cuppa and scrawl out a meal plan for the week, then I’ll dig out the guag from the depths and get something done. Hopefully.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Dry here today thank goodness, WM is swishing, when it finishes I am going to fling it in the airer and then DH and I are going out for a few hours, going for a mooch around a local natty trust place and hopefully a good walk to clear the cobwebs.

After my mammoth session yesterday the house looks pretty ok, there are still a few areas that could do with some attention but it’s all passable and I think we need some fresh air and exercise first.

Have a lovely day all, back later on x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,881 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    WM on
    Whole house hoovered
    Breakfast eaten
    rubbish out
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 17.54/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Sanity lists, Round, you and me both :hello:.

:hello: Fayolle xx exactly that! Did you find your guag? If it's 'in the depths' I think it may be snorkelling with mine :rotfl: Surely they will have to come up for air eventually :D

Birthday cards written
    Birthday presents wrapped
    Text sent to DB
    Boxes torn up and recycled
    Paper packaging folded and recycled
    WM x 2 now drying on the airer
    Pots soaking

Sanity list still not written - I was distracted. It will be done, but pots first.
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,859 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 November 2019 at 1:28PM
    Options
    Pots WUALTD
    DW emptied, WM emptied into TD; TD run. Minor ironing pile needs attention. 4 000 000 socks need pairing. Although it's dry I'm waiting for fresher air before I peg out again - would prefer my washing not to be scented with essence of bonfire.
    Hutch cleaned, rabbits fussed and held so they get used to being held/me. Understorey/yard swept.
    Lesson planned for tomorrow.
    Candy crushed.
    Car checked; screenwash and oil topped up.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Guag must have been located as I have:
    Cleaned the bathroom
    S&s en-suite and downstairs loo
    Fridge sorted and wiped out
    Had ferrrrlingggg time - 1 bag for friend’s granddaughter, 2 for cs, 1 box of books for cs, 1 bag of shredding and a box of recycling. I just need to find time to offload all of it to the right places. The sad thing is that it hasn’t even dented the mess in the spare room, so now I’ve lost heart to do any more.

I think I might venture to the greenhouse and see if I can plant up the poor pansies that have been outside for over a month waiting for the rain to stop and for me to have time to plant them. It’s still drizzling though.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Himself's birthday today. Woke up to the sounds of the London-Brighton veteran run rattling past the end of the road, welcomed Idiot Cat to the top end of the bed, where he settled down on Himself's head - which conveniently woke him up.

He's done one load of washing, popped to the shop and made a sandwich before dozing off on the settee again. It's vaguely possible that his sneezing and sore throat is what I had a couple of weeks ago, but I'm still :cool: about this.

I've done the TD, washed bedlinen, cleared up the stuff he left on the countertop from food, wiped it over, stuck a frozen haggis in the SC for later and have a feeling that, yet again, there isn't much in the way of housework being done - but he's got Tuesday and Wednesday off (although he is going to a gig tomorrow night after work, so I doubt he'll do much/anything on the first day).
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • catz4m8z
    catz4m8z Posts: 136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hoorah! I actually did something today!LOL
    Last few days Ive had a stinking cold and felt like hammered poop so the most Ive got done is cleaning up after/walking dogs, made bed and washed up. Its the up and downside of living alone (nobody to help with chores but nobody to tell you your house is a mess either!).
    Feeling abit better today but as the sun was actually shining for a change I tackled some outside jobs. Neighbours overhanging tree sawn back (I have the blisters to prove it!) and compost bin topped up.
    Indoors Ive cleaned the kitchen and sorted out the mail.
    Hopefully tomorrow I'll be more motivated and less snotty and grotty! :D
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Afternoon all

Back from our little outing, most pleasant again...

Have just decluttered a snooze, washing machine loaded for tomorrow. DH is prepping the veg and spuds for supper, I’m thinking about tackling some paperwork but not sure if I CBA!

I have a little work prep to do for a meeting in the morning so I will get to that now...

You all sound like you are being very productive... hope you enjoy the rest of your day. X
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Roundtuit another here who is dealing with a lot of difficult stuff and trying not to overthink it all. Hugs.

DS is still really poorly, now convinced that if he doesn't go into work tomorrow he will get sacked.

DH has had a shocking month work wise, due to van being in garage, a customer cancelling a job and time off to go to hospital with DS. Money is incredibly tight and if DS does lose his job he will be back here living with us. Of course his health is more important than anything, but still.

I have put a load of washing over the airer (raining again), made soup to try and encourage DS to eat, and done some paperwork for DH but that's it for today. Just want to curl up and hide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport