PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th October 2019

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 October 2019 at 8:59PM
    Options
    three of the grandbeasties

This is where we tootled off to on Tuesday.. I can share here :D

And my 4
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lovely pictures, pigpen - they are all growing up so fast! :smileyhea

Well, apart from S&S'ing the kitchen, bathroom and ensuite, tidying the bedrooms, and taking Rosie for a longer-than-usual walk through the big wood, I have done very little today. I should have been out on a course, but I cancelled yesterday because I could hardly keep my eyes open all day. Tomorrow I have to do some church work and I also need to check that I've got all the ingredients for mincemeat, puddings and cakes so that DGD1+2 can help mix, boil and bake on Saturday.

Very pleased that one of last year's amaryllis bulbs which I re-potted a couple of weeks ago is already showing a bud :D

DH is out playing wargames. He went off in a huff, having announced that he had bought expensive tickets for a concert next April and reckoned my reaction was "lukewarm". I was a bit concerned that he had booked before checking the date with me (my diary tends to fill up months ahead - fortunately it will be possible to rearrange the one regular commitment that falls on that date), so although it isn't my favourite style of concert, I shall have to build up some enthusiasm over the coming months, especially as he says this will be my Christmas present. Perhaps he was expecting me to treat him...

I'm off to bed and taking my book with me. G'night all xx
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.

Pigpen - when did they get to be all so growed up?? Even Twinkle who must surely still be a newborn!! Beautiful pictures.

1/2 an ironing pile done then I descaled the iron. As I couldn’t shift the button thingy (just maybe overdue for a descale:o ), I held it over the ironing board and the iron promptly dropped scale all over it. Cleared up now - must remember to do it when it needs it next time.

WM loaded for later, dinner out from freezer. Off to work shortly. It’s miserable out there.

Have a lovely day all.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Feeling a little more human this morning, I slept like a log I was so pooped!

About to start paid stuff, praying for a calmer day... WM is swishing, it will have to dry indoors, I’ve just emptied the airer to make room for it. Any other flying is work dependent again so I will just see how it goes.

Have a lovely day all x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,855 Forumite
    Options
    Busy day

Done admin work
    Posted stuff

Cleaned shower tray / room
    Sorted one spare bedroom to look like a spare bedroom :)
    Kitchen cupboards 3 off sorted
    Cat cuddled / flea combed, none found :)
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Lovely pics Pigpen.

What a week. DS became really ill on Wednesday night which led to an overnight trip to A&E - 6 hours of waiting about. Diagnosis of pleurisy on top of the chest infection. So I managed 3 hours sleep before I had to go into work. Just really hope that he gets over this now and it doesnt develop into something else. He has come home to get some TLC from his Mum!

House is fairly tidy, bit of laundry to do but will wait until weather is a bit drier.

Wont be late to bed.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,032 Forumite
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »

Pigpen - when did they get to be all so growed up?? Even Twinkle who must surely still be a newborn!! Beautiful pictures.

I honestly do not know!!! But they are becoming fairly decent humans which is nice to see!

3 loads of washing done.. I still feel bleurgh!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,444 Forumite
    Options
    (((Hugs))) to you and your DS, YorkshireLass. I'm sure Mum's TLC will help him get better quicker than if he was on his own xx

I have still not finished my written piece which has to be ready for Sunday morning, and I am expecting DGD1+2 tomorrow. Looks like it will be a late night tonight, if I don't get a move on. Rosie is curled up tight in the corner next to my desk, wide awake and not liking the fireworks one little bit :(
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok today.

I've not been posting as no flying has been happening. Today I need to do something, anything, think I'll start with some household admin.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GWS vibes for your DS Yorkshirelass

Yesterday's plan to sort the DR had to be shelved as I went to help my friend sort her catflap.
    Sadly we didn't get it fixed, either the batteries were flat or there was another part faulty.

Foodmarket this morning then meeting up with colleague to get some work done.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family