PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 28th October 2019

Options

Comments

• roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok today.

I've not been posting as no flying has been happening. Today I need to do something, anything,

You are not alone :o

lovely photos pigpen xx Growing up so quickly - as they do.

Get well soon to YL's DS and any other poorly people. xx

I'm tired: bad dreams again. I tried to scream in the dream and woke myself up groaning aloud. And breathe...

Brought down the laundry hamper, sorted laundry and first load has just stopped swishing - so I'll sort that and have another cup of tea while my guag wakes up.

Have a good day.
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Options
    Pigpen, they are wonderful photos, they are growing up so fast.

Watching the rugby, OH has gone to the pub to watch.

Daily stuff done
    It is chucking it down here.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning

Wet and windy here. 1 load of washing done and hanging indoors. Ironing pile demolished.
    I was out at a volunteering meeting last night for a couple of hours. Back home by 9.30pm but I feel like I’ve been burning the candle at both ends for some reason. I’m cracking on with the paperwork mountain which will surely send me to sleep. The flying lists really need to be tackled this weekend at some point.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    Options
    Essential admin done, I'll tackle council and presentation stuff next week. I've had a lovely walk in the sunshine with the dogs. Just having a cuppa then I need to do my physio. It's really working, I've got a lot of strength back now and very little pain.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • roundtuit
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    but I feel like I’ve been burning the candle at both ends for some reason.

Same here :o I thought it was simply tiredness with the clock change messing with my routine but I don't feel 'right' at all. Taken a couple of parrots for wuzzy head and sore neck - two lots of washing hung on radiators and airer, nipped out in the rain to feed the birds and put out the recycling and that may be it for the day :o

Tomorrow is another day!
    Rxx
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Afternoon all

Late in for me, I was up early and feeling quite perky so I decided to press on while going was good.

Food shop done and put away
    Menu plan done
    Been for haircut
    DH cleaned bathroom
    House hoovered, dusted and tidied top to bottom
    All bins emptied and washed
    Litter trays emptied, washed and refilled
    Fluffy cat brushed, he’s not happy but it needed doing!
    Kitchen surfaces, fronts of cupboards and tops of cupboards washed down
    Kitchen floor mopped
    Bedding stripped, washed and fresh set on
    There’s more washing to do but the airer is full so will have to wait until some is dry

DH on call this weekend so he has been working in between helping with the house... having a sit down with my book now, am glad it’s all done.

GWS to all the poorlies, hope everyone is better soon.

Have a good day all x
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Had staff training yesterday.flc Once the Competitive Martyrs had shoved off to a separate session, I rather enjoyed it - and my LM let me go home early, leaving them in their warm glow of righteousness when even the Head had legged it

Got told at stooped o'clock this morning that Himself 'Didn't want' me to do any housework. I got up shortly after he left and looked at downstairs, where the post Hallowe'en Apocalypse was still in force [strike]and I don't actually believe that he'd do all of it after work today, as he certainly hasn't for the last month[/strike], I

Cleaned the sink
    Wiped down the countertops
    Stacked the washing up neatly
    Cleared up the TrT sweets and put into a container.
    Tried to convince Madame Fluffyknickers that nobody, even a hungry feline, should be attempting to steal the concrete lumps/fairy cakes Himself had made.
    Cleared the coffee table.
    Moved the scratching post where the felines could [strike]fight over[/strike] get to it easily.
    Tried making a little comfortable hideyhole for them.
    Watched as they examined in and then came and sat back down on the settee.
    Wiped down appliances.
    Swept shower room, bathroom, kitchen and living room floors.
    Took bin bag out.
    Went in search of the wheelie bin.
    Found it two doors down.
    Drunk very strong coffee.

Transferred some money back into his account so he can get some shopping/cat food.

Remembered it's his birthday tomorrow.

Oh, bother.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    He's snoring on the settee.

Quelle surprise
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,455 Forumite
    Options
    DGD1+2 helped make Christmas cakes and puddings. The cakes are baked, and the puds will be stirred properly tomorrow and then cooked in the SC. I still have all the ingredients for mincemeat, so that might be a job for tomorrow.

Rosie has coped quite well with another evening of fireworks going off all around us - I'm sure she was snoring at one point :rotfl:
  • roundtuit
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Foggy start to the day. At least it's stopped raining - it was relentless yesterday.

I'm washed and dressed and I've: made my bed; fed the birds; put out the rubbish and some recycling - still got three boxes (1 extra large and two small) to rip up and recycle; done a laundry shuffle and set WM swishing.

I've had one of those weeks where you wonder if you've strayed into a soap opera without realising. Sub-plots being: I'm being moved at work; MM is being moved at work - not to the same place!!! (sub sub plot - if MM is leaving why do I need to move?); anniversary of Mum's death so lots of grieving people around me; phone call taken to say exhaust has dropped off DS's car miles from home - after garage opening hours (of course); 84 year old Dad upset as someone has told Mum's sister he is having an affair... you get the picture? Actually now I've written it down I can understand why I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed - remember the central character here isn't the most mentally stable of people :o

So: back to basics. Prioritise. Step 1: I need to write on the birthday cards for my niece and great niece, wrap their presents and text my brother to arrange a drop off / pick up. That's the most time critical things on the to do list in my head. Step 2 will be to write the list and free up some head space ;)

Happy Sunday everyone
    Rxxx
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income