🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

£125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019

Options

Comments

• JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    johnson293 wrote: »
    Been with Halifax for years, but wife has been with Lloyds all her banking life with no problems, and I was tempted by the switching bonus.

If you're with Halifax and happy then you'll be fine with Lloyds because they are practically identical in all but product range and credit policy. Same systems, same apps, same Internet banking, same call centres, same everything.

In short just get used to seeing green everywhere instead of blue ;)
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you downgrade an existing Club Lloyds account, what is the impact on an existing Club Lloyds Regular Saver?

I downgraded/upgraded with an attached monthly saver and there appears (so far at least) to have been no issue, potentially because I did it on the same day. Will keep an eye on it and report if any changes happen. That said, I recall somewhere someone reporting having a monthly saver for several months without any CL current account so who knows how smart their system is at recognising this sort of thing.
  • Dentonn
    Dentonn Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Applied online on Friday and got rejected Monday, email didn't say why at all. So went into branch to ask why/if I could apply in branch and they told me they couldn't tell me why I got rejected and that I couldn't apply in branch. :mad:
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dentonn wrote: »
    Applied online on Friday and got rejected Monday, email didn't say why at all. So went into branch to ask why/if I could apply in branch and they told me they couldn't tell me why I got rejected and that I couldn't apply in branch. :mad:

Check your credit file and also request your information from CIFAS. They don't like something about you.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 October 2019 at 6:02PM
    Options
    I downgraded/upgraded with an attached monthly saver and there appears (so far at least) to have been no issue, potentially because I did it on the same day. Will keep an eye on it and report if any changes happen. That said, I recall somewhere someone reporting having a monthly saver for several months without any CL current account so who knows how smart their system is at recognising this sort of thing.

Why are posters concerned about any impact on a CL monthly saver from getting rid of a CL current account? There is absolutely nothing in the terms that requires you to maintain a CL current account throughout the term of the saver; therefore just needed to open it.

Terms.jpg

https://www.lloydsbank.com/assets/media/pdfs/savings/club-monthly-and-easy-saver-conditions.pdf

Contrast with e.g. HSBC which requires the current account to be maintained for the 12 month duration of the regular saver.

Terms.jpg

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/savings/products/regular-saver
  • sheffieldeagle
    sheffieldeagle Posts: 567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 15 October 2019 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Hi

Applied today having followed all the advice on here, and acount is up and running. I'm even online owing to old login details still being available. Process was quick and easy with no browser problems (used Firefox on Windows laptop). Switch date of the 24th.
    Thanks to all who offered their advice.

Cheers
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My switch complete date was today 15th Oct, got the text to say it was completed, so all very swift and absolutely no hitches. Also must mention my wife had hers complete today too. Now she has very little income to speak of and as a form of providing ID (no passport, doesn't drive) if you asked her if she ever has had a loan, had a credit card the answers would be no. What I'm saying is her trackable history is most likely not much there, she's got okayed for around 4 accounts just lately, this one easy peasy, just saying.
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 October 2019 at 4:01AM
    Options
    Hi,

I have an unused HSBC Basic Account (for customers who don't qualify for a standard account) which I opened when I was unemployed:

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/current-accounts/products/basic-bank-account/

Would this qualify to be used to switch to Club Lloyds to get the switching bonus? The account has zero balance and no direct debits or standing orders.

For the £1500/month pay in to avoid the fee, can you just move money around between accounts to achieve this or is that not acceptable?
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NedS wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an unused HSBC Basic Account (for customers who don't qualify for a standard account) which I opened when I was unemployed:

Would this qualify to be used to switch to Club Lloyds to get the switching bonus? The account has zero balance and no direct debits or standing orders.

For the £1500/month pay in to avoid the fee, can you just move money around between accounts to achieve this or is that not acceptable?

That HSBC account would be able to switch out as far as i'm aware

i also don't think there is anything in the t&c where it says it must be 1500 in one payment i would assume 3 x 500 payments would be acceptable.

I'd wait for someone else to confirm who perhaps has more knowledge on this switch but you should be good to go IMO
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,252 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    NedS wrote: »
    Hi,

Your unused HSBC account is fine. As it has no DDs or SOs (not needed for the incentive) and presumably no regular payments in, I would add some money to it before initiating the switch, otherwise, what exactly are you asking them to switch?:cool:

Yes, you can shuffle £1500 in from another account, either in one lump sum or several smaller amounts equalling £1500. It can even come from another Lloyds account if you have one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport