Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

County Court (VCS) Residential PCN - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

County Court (VCS) Residential PCN

edited 29 January 2020 at 5:07PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
124 replies 4.5K views

Replies

• THX-1-1-3-8THX-1-1-3-8 Forumite
    81 posts
    No, the WS is due when ever they tell you it is due. *often* it is 14 days before the date of the hearing, however it is not always the case.

I dont expec thtem to respond until you issue a claim, to be honest.

Probably not - They haven't responded to the ICO either. Multiple DPA breaches across the board, 14 at last count.
    81 posts
    Its a notice of transfer i have received, not a notice of assignment - so no dates or anything mentioned for the statement.
  • Method_EUMethod_EU Forumite
    21 posts
    If/when it gets to the stage where you take VCS to court for a DPA breach please keep this thread updated. I'm planning on doing the exact same in claiming for a breach of DPA (also a residential PCN where I have rights to park).
  • Method_EU wrote: »
    If/when it gets to the stage where you take VCS to court for a DPA breach please keep this thread updated. I'm planning on doing the exact same in claiming for a breach of DPA (also a residential PCN where I have rights to park).

Ive had some good advice from this forum so the least I can do is keep this place up to date.
    81 posts
    ICO has written to me confirming they've contacted VCS and that they agree a breach has taken place.

So, ill review the situation and prepare my letter before claim.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    31.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ICO has written to me confirming they've contacted VCS and that they agree a breach has taken place.

So, ill review the situation and prepare my letter before claim.

You're teeing them up nicely.

Popcorn ordered! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Yep.

Spoke with two different law firms, one is happy to represent with a no-win no-fee basis and legal costs recovered - so thats interesting.

The other route is an "assisted" claim - which wouldnt cost much.

Might just do it myself too. The evidence against them is overwhelming and irrefutable.
    81 posts
    Notice of allocation came through today with a hearing date and deadline for VCS to pay the fee, standard stuff.

I'll spend some time this weekend reading and constructing my witness statement and will post it on up.

Interesting that it states "the judge has considered the statement of case" and yet its still going ahead despite the particulars being outright wrong.....
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you get in touch with this poster:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76514779#post76514779

Get their ICO complaint ref, and give them your ICO complaint ref, and both of you go back to the ICO and say that, on one online forum alone, two very serious breaches of data processing have involved VCS in the past month alone. This is clearly the tip of the iceberg, given most vicitms of parking firms do not find their way to MSE forum.

Say that surely this needs further investigation and sanctions by the ICO, moving the matter on significantly from just 'writing to VCS and slapping them on the wrist'. Ask for the matters to be reviewed together as a pattern of wholly unacceptable conduct.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    81 posts
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I suggest you get in touch with this poster:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76514779#post76514779

Get their ICO complaint ref, and give them your ICO complaint ref, and both of you go back to the ICO and say that, on one online forum alone, two very serious breaches of data processing have involved VCS in the past month alone. This is clearly the tip of the iceberg, given most vicitms of parking firms do not find their way to MSE forum.

Say that surely this needs further investigation and sanctions by the ICO, moving the matter on significantly from just 'writing to VCS and slapping them on the wrist'. Ask for the matters to be reviewed together as a pattern of wholly unacceptable conduct.

Thanks, I shall do post work.

I’m also in contact with the 3rd party my files were released to, who has made a separate ICO complaint.

His lawsuit from VCS has dropped - I think they hope he will go away.

I wont.