PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th August 2019

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Today DD and I are off shortly to the capital city for another day out. My flying plans and my purse will be glad when this holiday is done.
    This morning I have changed and remade the bed, loaded up the wm for later and - shock - DH actually unloaded the dw. That may be it for flying, hopefully we can get back at a reasonable time and I can get some jobs done later.
    HB - I’m in awe. Our lift is stuffed full with “treasures”, mostly DH’s. But then so is the rest of the house.:(
    Have a lovely day everyone.
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So the kitchen floor that I mopped, DH has decided to start pulling up before he goes to work! The laminate is coming up easing, the lino that was underneath it is another matter and it is all sticky! So my job is now to try and get the lino up - that's probably my day gone!
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

Got this lie-in thing nailed.

A wet day here. I have done a washload which can go out tomorrow. Might get beds stripped today.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    Options
    Admin done. Just eaten breakfast so I'll wash the dishes next.

DH has popped out. Waiting for him to come back so I can have a bath as I no longer have the strength to get myself out and sometimes want to soak rather than having a shower.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome back skints :)
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Having spent 3/4 hour trying to get the glued lino off the floor, I'm having a break. I'm currently using a trowel to attempt to get it off with. DH was using this and a hoe this morning!
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    Options
    Downstairs floors swept. DH is back now.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Huge Aldi shop done and put away. Taking the children out shortly but it's persisting it down so it will be with wellies on. Very tired and looking forward to my bed already! X
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Julie - is it the glue that's the issue?
    Would there be a flylady glue dissolving something. - no idea what, but someone may know of something.....
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Dancemum. (I wouldn't have stopped at one Mars Bar.)
    That floor sounds like a nightmare, Julie Jim.
    ASB, it isn't an indulgence at all, it was a much needed necessity. You've been running on empty for months.

I've cleared up all the loft stuff that came down that needed to be sorted and put away in the house, a job I usually hate doing but was surprisingly easy this time around (probably because there wasn't much). I wanted to degibble the rest of the stuff out to the car but as the National Fireworks Championships are tonight and tomorrow night car parking restrictions are now in place so I daren't move it for 48 hours. I'd never find another space if I did.

Layla has literally just curled up in Snowball's basket as I started typing this post, for the very first time. I daren't move from my desk because she'd leap out of it, saying, 'Where going? I halp? Yus yus yus!'
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport