PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th August 2019

Options

Comments

• BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Paid stuff just finished, need to head out and run a few errands, will then come back and do some flying.

Back later with progress report x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Washing moved round, dry in and folded, wet out and blowing
    Weed killer down
    Swept up outside
    Stood some pots back up
    Whole house hoovered
    Bins all out, inc various neighbours
    Floors all done
    Whatsapped (is there such a word?) with adopted grandson else where in the world and it seems at least half his college class, as they all wanted to talk in English to someone who was English.
    Sorted purse out, removed old reciepts for checking.
    Stated to think about spuds for dinner but that is as far as I got
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Back home, errands took longer than expected due to traffic!
    Quick vac of downstairs done, washing shuffled round, put some more out on line as it’s sunny and breezy here now. WM loaded for tomorrow morning.

Have had an early supper on my own as DH is working, just going to wash up and reset the kitchen. Hopefully he won’t create too much mess when he comes in!

Quite tired again now, think I might have a sit in the conservatory with my book for half an hour.

Bye again x
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Golly page 2 already.
    A busy but generally good weekend making and attacking various lists, rather complicated because as well as my own stuff, mum stayed a few days (hence list of things to do for our holiday in 2 weeks) plus my brother was in and out visiting his mil (another list as brother, Mr N and I are going to France for a few days in Sept - sadly, sil doesn't do motor bikes).
    The high winds have brought down lots of plums and greengages, so have been stoning and freezing them.
    Gym this am.
    Spent the afternoon on yet another list, this time at MILs flat. Anything being collected by the charity van tomorrow is now clean and sorted.
    Sorted out a drawer full of undies and tights.
    We are beginning to see a glimmer at the end of the tunnel with her flat, have 3 people from Gumtr33 interested in the bed.

Now I need to get back to my own list.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    juliejim wrote: »
    Roundtuit - hope you have a good day - hugs x

Thank you Jue xx

I have no idea what the boss said to MM - but whatever it was had worked today! Touch wood that this was not a one-day-wonder! I read your message in my lunch break - and it made me smile - thank you xx

Most of my energy was used up taking the first step back to work but I have made my bed, fed the birds, filled the bird bath. watered my hanging basket, put out the recycling, and sloshed bleach down the loo.

Hugs
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Pleased you've had a good day Round. Now, write down three things which you have done today that we're good/effective & positive in some way, then tomorrow add three more.
    If MM returns to her ways, you have this list to refer too - it's a bit like 'positivity bank accounting'
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So late in again, but thank you for the lists.
    Well done for today, Round. A good suggestion from wish as well.
    ASB - you are very welcome, lovely. So pleased it all fitted.

So today I have managed to tidy the kitchen after dinner, sweep the floor, put the rubbish out for the morning and tidied out the fridge. I think that’s about it. I’m now trying to write my list of 7 things to do this week, to see if I can chip away at all the extra jobs.
    Maybe I’ll be more productive tomorrow.
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the thread Natty :A

I'm in, but slightly distracted by my new housemates :D 2 lovely little guinea pigs who are currently chuntering away in between playing chase around the cage!

Tomorrow, I am running errands - got to try and sort out Mum's council tax as she's lost the bill (again!!!) and then go to my bank and then Dad's bank. Also need to drop off Mum's prescription then pick up mine - Dad's can wait until Weds!!

Today I managed to do some washing, wash up, sort some stuff for a charity bag, sort out one pile and do some admin bits.

Round - I'm pleased to hear you had a good day today x

See you all tomorrow xx
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning
    I’ve just been outside and it’s decidedly autumnal. I love autumn but was hoping that summer might last until the end of August.
    I’ve swapped a work day again to fit around DD’s plans for tomorrow. Today will be limited flying again - oh to be back to a routine.
    I have loaded towels to the wm and will s&s the bathrooms before I go. Puff pastry is defrosting so that something quick can be created for dinner using some of the greenhouse tomatoes. We might have to have a courgette free zone this evening. :D
    Back later. Have a lovely day all.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Another day out today but not until later so I'll see what flying I can fit in this morning.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family