PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th August 2019

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    49 pairs of scissors washed in a mixture of WUL and household soda. Well rinsed and now drying.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Valli
    Options
    Morning all.

Just woken u0 so back in bed with da coffee.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson

Thank you Honey Bear
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all.

Been MIA the past few days due to work and then yesterday after getting DS's A-level results (He's happy and is definitely at uni in September :eek:) I dragged myself to town for a couple of errands despite feeling like poop. Today we need to get the house clean and I have stacks of admin to do as well. It's raining here so no washing will be done (I'll do it tomorrow) but it is still going to be a busy day. Not exactly sure where to start so I'm just going to go by the list and add mine onto the bottom of it for anything else I need to do, and I apologise now for multiple postings through out the day :o

Kitchen
    Level One...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Level Two..
    Sweep and mop floors
    Sort & clean oven and hob
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Wipe & declutter all the windows sills in these areas!!
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those washing machine filters and drawers for ickiness!!
    Extras
    • Clean the fridge.. it is smelly!!
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • 31 fling boogie..
    • Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Bathroom
    Level One...
    Clear floor of guff and stuff
    Level Two...
    Clean baths, toilets, and sinks.
    Level Three...
    Wash your bathroom mats, etc
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom
    Empty and clean out all the upstairs bins!
    Hoover and mop
    Collect all the dirty laundry
    Extras!
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frame
    • Empty the [STRIKE]cupboard[/STRIKE] shelves and clear them off
    • Grab yourself a toothbrush and scrub the manky bits

Kids room
    Level One...
    Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Level Three...
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors
    Extra Task List
    • Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    • Wipe the radiators, skirtings and window & door frames!
    • 30 minutes ironing.. you love me & you know it!

Master Bedroom
    [STRIKE]Level One... [/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list
    • 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!

Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Dusting, even if around everything
    Level 2
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean a window
    Water any thirsty plants, wipe their poor neglected leaves!!
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Extras
    • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    • Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    • Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    • Wipe doors and handles downstairs
    Personal list (runs over the weekend as well)
    All Av0n stuff away! (I'm supposed to be on my summer holidays!)
    Switch Mat card out
    Shredding
    Make room in freezer (bread, ice cubes)
    Poo pick (if it dries up enough to get out there)
    Text builder measurements
    Text electrician re coming to look at the oven
    Update bujos
    Set up symptom tracker diary
    Lubricate the curtain rail in master bedroom so I don't have to keep dragging the curtains shut.
    Meal plan / Book Mr A delivery for tomorrow? (Blank paper)
    Arg order - plan - add ink!
    Wash dog bowls
    Fix dog bed
    Put Uni term dates onto calenders
    Work on work dates for September onwards.
    Clear out understairs cupboard
    Make shopping list for DS to go DIY shopping with Ex tomorrow for paint etc for his bedroom (Hopefully nothing will be needed ;))
    Groom dog
    Cut net to fit master bedroom window then use downstairs while washing livingroom net
    Revise toots list.
    Pot up herbs if they survive
    Sewing projects!

Okay, that's more than enough to be getting on with :rotfl::rotfl: Going to kick DSs backside into gear and get moving! Catch you in an hour! :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Up since stupid o'clock because somebody didn't crawl into bed until after sunrise, as he and his mate were allegedly up all night working on the mixing, waking me up in the process.

This is doubly annoying because the plumber is supposed to be coming this morning, so I couldn't stay in bed with the post-humira bleurghs as was supposed to be happening/had to get up and wait (and wait, seemingly, as he isn't here yet) so I didn't go back to sleep and miss a knock on the door.

I might have ripped Himself's head off and been rather hostile towards him in general before coming downstairs. And I'm out of coffee. And I feel sick.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all,

I had a two hour nap yesterday and still slept for 10 hours last night, must have needed it! We've had a big dog walk already this morning ahead of the promised rain. The dog is being strange she keeps whining to go out, then when I let her out she starts eating grass which she has never done before, any ideas?

DW unloaded, washing will wait until DH gets back. Have lovely days all xx
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Plumber has been. Had to explain very carefully to him that making it turn on after the repair so that water too hot to hold your hand under when it's allegedly under the legal maximum for a thermostatic mixer comes out is NOT the same as repairing it. And going from warm to scalding whilst it's running on cold and then going back to cold again isn't, either.

Twenty minutes on the phone to the landlord explaining this has resulted in a begrudging 'we could come back on another day and replace it if you insist'. Well, I could accept it and then sue you for the resulting scalding injuries if you prefer.

They're apparently coming back next Friday as a result.

The two numpties are up and recording more music. I am not pleased with either of them.

When Numpty #2 has left to go to his employment/his own home and I'm left with Numpty #1 again, further words will be had.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Dogs that eat grass usually do it because they're feeling sick/have tummy trouble. Having had a dog like that, I'd be inclined to let her stay out and eat grass whilst not leaving her anywhere near carpet or furniture that can't be easily cleaned, just in case diarrhoea-a-geddon follows.

Keep an eye on any poo attempts in case she's straining or there's any sign of having eaten something she shouldn't have, too.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m just about keeping up with the washing and ironing and not much else. Please don’t report me for being a flylady fraud. :(
    Well done all flykids on their A level results.
    Lovely to “see” you Lamewolf. .
    Beautiful photo, Piggers.
    Right - lunch 5 minutes done, back to work.
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all

Well I had a phone call from the kitchen fitter yesterday afternoon to say that he can't get to us for another 2 weeks so I have no kitchen for another 2 weeks and it will be finished the day I go back to work so will have to be sorted in the evenings!

The floor is finally finished - it took 2 days - just need the new floor fitting now.

Well done on the A level results.

Hope everyone's having a good day

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Valli
    Options
    ooh JulieJim - not good

ASB was going to say that cats with furballs which they need to get rid of (ie vomit) eat grass - so I'd echo the tummy trouble post of JJTF

Had a lazy day so far, though I have ironed. Raining, so the laundry pegging out will have to wait until tomorrow.

About to finish stripping/remaking DS's bed.

And I'm wearing a long-sleeved (albeit thin) jumper! :eek:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family