Marcus Bank - Easy Access Savings Account

I've just signed up for a savings account with the Marcus Bank - before I make a deposit I'd be interested to get any views on their service. Thanks

Comments

• spender
    spender Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I found it easy to use and have had no problems with it at all
    No Matter what you do there will be critics.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Had mine for 10 months and zero issues.

Also renewed the bonus rate earlier thanks to the other poster on the board.
  • glennevis
    glennevis Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I've been with them for 9 months. No problems with the service so far. They have recently introduced 2SV when you login so make sure your email address and/or mobile number are up to date.

Ditto re bonus rate.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I've had no issues in the 9 months I've been with them.
    My only comment would be that deposits and withdrawals by Faster Payments take longer than I've become accustomed to with other banks, typically taking anything up to 15 minutes or sometimes even longer to complete. Not a big deal, but when you're used to balances updating within a few seconds of executing a transaction, 15 minutes seems extremely slow.
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Very easy, very fast.
  • mersey
    mersey Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Very easy to use,fast transfers.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Echoing all the other comments. Very good.
    You just need to understand it's very simple, you link it with just one other bank account and that's the only one you can add money into it or withdraw money to. So if you have other accounts you want to move money into and out of Marcus, you will need to funnel it via your nominated account.
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Echoing all the other comments. Very good.
    You just need to understand it's very simple, you link it with just one other bank account and that's the only one you can add money into it or withdraw money to. So if you have other accounts you want to move money into and out of Marcus, you will need to funnel it via your nominated account.
    Have used the account for nearly a year now, no issues at all.
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • Fingerbobs wrote: »
    I've had no issues in the 9 months I've been with them.
    My only comment would be that deposits and withdrawals by Faster Payments take longer than I've become accustomed to with other banks, typically taking anything up to 15 minutes or sometimes even longer to complete. Not a big deal, but when you're used to balances updating within a few seconds of executing a transaction, 15 minutes seems extremely slow.

We're all in so much of a hurry now! Lol.
  • UncleK
    UncleK Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have had good service so far. However, when I closed the account, they said that I wouldn't be able to open another account later as the system would recognise that I'd applied before and thus reject my application. The Marcus guy seemed to imply that was a "system" thing that would one day get "resolved" but one can't help wondering if it's a deliberate thing to stop people closing their account after a year when the bonus disappears..............
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback