New Life Pending.....

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ah I see. Annoying but I guess he will grow out of it then and if you keep instilling it in him that he is not to wake you he may get it eventually. How old is he?

I had a lovely weekend thanks although not as exciting as yours. :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    Hes 7, so should really know better haha!

Im glad you had a good one, although the weather is definitely turning now!
    My debt free journey, diary and all! New Life Pending :beer:
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nowt wrong with spaghetti hoops on toast when you're hungry (and skint ;))

One week tomorrow, you can do this!
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Another fan of hoops on toast here - always a winner!
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    haha thanks girls, i have to say ive never eaten so many jacket potatoes and hoops on toast as i have these last couple of months lol - needs must and all that!
  • ohdearhowdidthathappen
    Options
    I'm genuinely surprised the legoland queues were bad, I though that was a school holiday problem! I hate those queue jumper things, makes the queues longer for everyone else! I'm a fan of Paulton's Park, not part of Merlin and they don't try to bleed you dry. Everyone queues fairly and it all just seems better cared for.
    To set foot in Legoland and not spend extra is a feat in itself :rotfl:
    Debt - Car loan £19k. New savings goals: Emergency fund £1000/£1000, FFEF £200/£10000
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congrats on sticking to budget especially at Legoland. That's some going.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    I'm genuinely surprised the legoland queues were bad, I though that was a school holiday problem! I hate those queue jumper things, makes the queues longer for everyone else! I'm a fan of Paulton's Park, not part of Merlin and they don't try to bleed you dry. Everyone queues fairly and it all just seems better cared for.
    To set foot in Legoland and not spend extra is a feat in itself :rotfl:

you are right, there was people saying that whilst we were queuing, as the q jumper tickets just walked straight to the front and got put on the rides before the other line. All very privileged ey! lol.
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    Congrats on sticking to budget especially at Legoland. That's some going.

Thanks SavingHolmes, it was actually pretty easy, i had a back pack full of food and drink and just diverted past the shops as best i could, in fact the only thing he asked for was to have a go at throwing the hoop for the teddy thing - at £2 a go he had no chance :rotfl:
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    So budget has just been re looked at to try and find the money to complete my mission this month. Bare with my ramblings!!!

To be able to pay off CC3 and PayPal I need £398.73 plus my £47 for my minimum payment on my CC. After re doing my budget about 1000 times, i have managed to get it as close as being just £26.44 short. Now i think i can get this from my food budget, but again i have really cut things as tight as i cant get it. My figures also include £25 odd waiting to be released after my pay day. So i think what i will do is pay the credit card off in full on pay day and close that account, and then pay £200 to my pay pal account, then i will pay the remainder £27 odd off the next week when ive managed to skim my food budget again.

Then from next month, im going to only have one creditor left which is my main CC. To tackle this one, i need to be able to build an EF. Im going to allocate £300 per month for the CC then any extra skim from my pots to add as i go, along with the ebay sales, surveys, TCB etc. Im just wondering your thoughts - if i go with the £300 to the CC it will leave £100 per month for the EF, do you think i have this ratio wrong? Remember i havnt used my CC since my lightbulb moment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure