We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

New Life Pending.....

Options

Comments

• Iwantanewlife
    Options
    Moguline wrote: »
    Hooray! Congratulations on getting rid of the loan! :j:beer::j:beer::j

I bet it feels amazing!

I have a sneaky feeling you'll be debt-free a lot sooner than your plan suggests!:money:

Thank you!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

I bloody hope so! Im certainly going to give it my best shot!

I am striving for that feeling of security, and the quicker i get rid of this mess, the quicker i can start saving! Like you, i want a mortgage and savings for me and my boy!
    My debt free journey, diary and all! New Life Pending :beer:
  • girlatplay
    Options
    :T :T :T :T :T

Well done!!

The horrible loan is now behind you, never to be seen again. The only reason you ever need to think about it now is to remind yourself that you never want to be in that position again. So chuffed for you!
    You've really got to grips with all of this and you've got a really good plan of action going forward. Pat yourself on the back for dealing with so much so quickly.

It will be a tight three weeks but you have enough for food and honestly, when it comes down to it, that's what's important.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    girlatplay wrote: »
    :T :T :T :T :T

Well done!!

The horrible loan is now behind you, never to be seen again. The only reason you ever need to think about it now is to remind yourself that you never want to be in that position again. So chuffed for you!
    You've really got to grips with all of this and you've got a really good plan of action going forward. Pat yourself on the back for dealing with so much so quickly.

It will be a tight three weeks but you have enough for food and honestly, when it comes down to it, that's what's important.

Thank you so much GAP, there is no way i could of done it without this site and you guys. Now onto the next! :beer:
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    Account is now closed, could literally jump for joy!
  • girlatplay
    Options
    Amazing! :D

That's really exciting, a big win. I've not had a big win in ages so I'm enjoying yours. I was thinking about you all morning and I was so delighted when I came here this morning and you had done it :)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • chelseablue
    Options
    Excellent news!!!
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    Amazing! :D

That's really exciting, a big win. I've not had a big win in ages so I'm enjoying yours. I was thinking about you all morning and I was so delighted when I came here this morning and you had done it :)

Awwww thats so sweet and so comforting to know, because im going it alone without any partner, I feel really alone on this journey so knowing that has brought a smile to my face, thank you! :A
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Awwww thats so sweet and so comforting to know, because im going it alone without any partner, I feel really alone on this journey so knowing that has brought a smile to my face, thank you! :A

It's hard doing it on your own. I know because I did it too. I had about the same amount of debt left when I found this place as you had at the start of this diary. I had already fought my way to that level. I wish I had discovered these forums sooner as that would have made it easier. I've never looked back though. 12 years ago I was pretty much where you are. I was a single parent in a grotty council flat with a 7 year old. We really struggled and I couldn't really cook either. Some nights we went to bed cold and hungry. I put my all into working and saving and managed to turn it around. I got a lucky break with a shared equity agreement (not the council flat), taught myself to cook, learned loads from these forums and worked my backside off. I've since bought out the housing association's share of my flat, bought a car and living a much happier life. It's not all perfect, I've blown the cash part of the grocery budget this month (but only by a few quid) and by the end of the weekend I will have blown the slush fund budget too (also just by a few quid) but Monday is payday and my pots will be topped back up, accounts balanced and I'll be checking to see what I can pay off the loan.

Oops, sorry for the ramble, I just meant it's doable, even when you're on your own. You might be on your own but you're not alone :)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • happy_money
    Options
    Well Done!!! One step closer to your dream! :j:T:j:T
    Overdraft: -475.14/£1,500
    Emergency Fund: 0/£1,000
    Debt: 0/£3,600
    House Deposit: 0/£20,000
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    It's hard doing it on your own. I know because I did it too. I had about the same amount of debt left when I found this place as you had at the start of this diary. I had already fought my way to that level. I wish I had discovered these forums sooner as that would have made it easier. I've never looked back though. 12 years ago I was pretty much where you are. I was a single parent in a grotty council flat with a 7 year old. We really struggled and I couldn't really cook either. Some nights we went to bed cold and hungry. I put my all into working and saving and managed to turn it around. I got a lucky break with a shared equity agreement (not the council flat), taught myself to cook, learned loads from these forums and worked my backside off. I've since bought out the housing association's share of my flat, bought a car and living a much happier life. It's not all perfect, I've blown the cash part of the grocery budget this month (but only by a few quid) and by the end of the weekend I will have blown the slush fund budget too (also just by a few quid) but Monday is payday and my pots will be topped back up, accounts balanced and I'll be checking to see what I can pay off the loan.

Oops, sorry for the ramble, I just meant it's doable, even when you're on your own. You might be on your own but you're not alone :)

Thats amazing, you should be so proud of yourself. Ramble away, what an inspirational story. Did you stay a single mum for the duration? ive become so hard faced due to the forced independence and constant battles, i cant imagine every being in a partnership again. I started dating recently but ive already noticed how hard it is debt busting with suggested trips away, going out and events etc. Im only 32, i feel like i should still make an effort to have the marriage and family set up :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport