Slimming For Summer - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    It was a bit of a struggle doing sausage and mash tonight but we enjoyed it. I tried Skinny sausages from Waitrose as a friend had recommended them. They were fine but not sure saving half a syn per sausage was worth the extra money (£3 for 6 sausages) compared to my usual BGTY from Sainsburys. Which sausages does everyone else like?:)

I like heck or LM, those i had from the butchers were nice but they were £2 for 4
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    MamanI buy mine from the local butchers. They are low fat and our consultant used to say to syn them at 1 syn each but after SW fell out with local butchers and stopped them calling them SW she now says we should syn them at 2 each!!! The recipe hasn't changed so I still call them 1. They're not a bad price at £3.50 a lb - usually get at least 8 but I tend to ask for a particular number and then bag them up in batches depending on what I'm going to use them for.

I also like the Linda Mccartney Red Onion and Rosemary sausages but DH isn't keen unless they're used to make scotch eggs!

Just made our packed lunch for the hospital tomorrow, LOL! If I don't need fluids then we'll just stop off at the Country Park which is on the way home and have a picnic in the sun.

Denise
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Had something yesterday for lunch which I have not had for ages, ryvita, cheese & apple, was yum and a nice change!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you denise. Hope they have air con at the hospital and you get out early enough to enjoy a picnic.:)

Thanks for the sausage responses. It's a shame about the local butchers. I remember when a guy used to come to our SW group and take orders and he also had a stall on the local market with a big banner saying SW friendly. I guess it's the same business argument as with the cookbooks and the supermarket ready meals. The problem is though that it's easy to 'estimate' the syns in something with labelling on the packaging but not with local sausages.:(
    Had something yesterday for lunch which I have not had for ages, ryvita, cheese & apple, was yum and a nice change!

I took Ryvita with me on holiday to have with my breakfast (and keep me off the Turkish bread) and really enjoyed it. When it was all gone I replaced it with a Turkish equivalent crispbread in sesame flavour which was really nice. It also helps that we can now have the extra HEA so I enjoyed some feta type cheese every day too. :drool:

I'm going to post my original plan for today. I don't lose my appetite when it's hot but I don't enjoy a hot kitchen although nothing on today's menu will take long.

EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage (yes, really!:eek:) with HEA1 milk and half banana, skinny syrup
    L: ham, fried LO veg and pickles
    D: SW Bolognese with tagliatelle, HEA2 Parmesan
    Syns: NONE!!:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,386 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all goes well today Denise :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.
    I've picked up some sausages to have for dinner tonight, they're the Aldi skinny ones - 1/2 a syn each? Can anyone check the syn values before I eat a whole packet of 6!! ^.@.^ <<-- that's meant to be a little piggie :D

Yesterday I went off to a local business function after work, where a picnic was provided, so had absolutely no idea or real control over what we were having, other than choosing wisely on the night.

Mealplan yesterday:
    B - banana & nectarine
    L - salad leaves, carrot, pickled onions, tomato & cucumber, dressing (1) chicken fillet; 0% greek yog mango, strawberries
    D - chicken salad & bacon sandwich (HEB for 1 slice bread only); 3 tortilla chips (1), strawberries & some cream (3)
    HEA - milk in tea/coffee

Think I didn't do too badly considering, and thankfully being so hot I didn't really feel so hungry by the time we ate at 8:30pm.

Today's plan:
    B - 0% skyr (1), 1/2 banana - because half of it was rotten :(
    L - mixed salad leaves, carrot, tomato, cucumber, pickled onions, chicken fillet, dressing (1); 0% greek yogurt, mango & strawberries
    D - skinny sausages (allowing 3 syns), mash, beans, gravy (2); melon for dessert
    HEA1 - milk in tea/coffee
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • maman
    Options
    You're safe sary . Just half a syn each. Do let us know what you think of them. I'm sure they're better value than my Waitrose ones.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Its bloomin hot! i went out at 8.15 this morning was 26 it said on the car:eek::eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,386 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Its bloomin hot! i went out at 8.15 this morning was 26 it said on the car:eek::eek:

Pretty warm here too!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »

Same here. Thank goodness for the a/c in the car! This time last year I had a courtesy car which didn't have any and it was hell!:eek:

I called into Home Bargains when I was out as I was running errands nearby. I got my usual red pickled cabbage, Frylight and butter beans (all good value there) but they also had light Laughing Cow triangles at £1.99 for the packs of 16. That's much cheaper than any of the supermarkets for anyone who uses them. I plan to chop a couple into omelettes or a JP or even on a Ryvita. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure